“Nice Place, Good Location, Very Good Price, Great Breakfast”

Holiday Inn Express - Balloon Fiesta Park
Ranked #76 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 31 May 2013

This was my first stay at this hotel. I occasionally stay at Holiday Inns, and like many chain hotels, there are good ones and bad ones. This is definitely one of the good ones. I was here for an early morning business meeting the next day, and was changing time zones eastward, so needed a good nights sleep and things to go smoothly. They did. The room was spacious, well set up for working on my laptop, the bed was very comfortable and the pillows not such that they gave my neck a crick, but could actually be slept on. The hotel is nice and new and everything looks shiny and works like it should. The lighting is a little low with the CF bulbs. It would be nice to increase the lighting a little bit and not use such dim CFs. The breakfast was excellent - something for everyone - bacon, omlettes, sweet roles, bread, pastries, cereal, fruit juices, yogurt, coffee. The staff was courteous, pleasant and helpful. The area has a few places to eat within walking distance, but other than the Carls, they are not obvious, so ask the front desk. There are some excellent places to eat within a short drive. Parking was a little tight for large trucks (I had a Chevy Eldorado crew cab). There are about 8 spaces large enough to park one of these, and people with little compacts often feel entitled to park in them, so parking can be tight. I would definitely stay here again were I in the area.

Room Tip: Always go for the top floor - they are the quietest rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Lily H, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Balloon Fiesta Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Dear WindWolfess,

Thank you so much for your recent stay at our hotel and for taking the time to write your comments. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us specially our breakfast variety and that you felt that our rooms were clean and the staff was courteous, pleasant and helpful. I will be sure to pass your kind words along to our personnel. I am sorry to hear you had some trouble with parking since you had a large truck and that you feel that lighting could be a bit brighter in the room. I apologize for the inconvenience and assure you that those issues will be addressed. We value your feedback and we are looking forward to see you back here soon!

Lily Hornbrook
(Front Desk Manager)

Reviewed 20 May 2013

I stayed two week nights and was thoroughly happy with the quiet, clean, comfortable room.

The staff were very friendly and accommodating. When I expressed concern about the location of my room, they immediately gave me a different room further from potential noise.

The internet worked perfectly, the TV was good, room smelled fresh, bed was comfortable. That's all I wanted. Also the location was near the tourist destinations. Only about ten minutes to the tramway ride, less than 15 minutes to Old Town and trolley tour (great!), a Trader Joe's and lot of other shopping areas only one exit away on Paseo del Norte.

I would stay again, and recommend.

Room Tip: I always ask for top floor so I don't get potential elephant dancing above, but these rooms seem...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Lily H, Owner at Holiday Inn Express - Balloon Fiesta Park, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

Dear AJ L,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel that your room was quiet, clean and comfortable and that the staff was friendly and acommodating. We take pride in offering great service to our guests. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our staff. I am also happy to hear our location was close to all the touristic spots you were interested in and that you were able to visit while staying with us. we are looking forward to see you back here soon!

Reviewed 7 May 2013

This is my second visit to this hotel and found that I was not as enthusiastic with this hotel as before. I found out that there are no refrigerators in every room, only suites. However, in my daughters room, she had a refrigerator but it did not work and when I reported it, the staff said "only suites have refrigerators and that there should not have been one in her room." Great staff resolutions, NOT!!!! Carpets were dirty. At business center, printer did not work. Only pleasant thing was breakfast.

Room Tip: If you want a refrigerator or micro get at suite, but of course this cost more (of course).
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Balloon Fiesta Park, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

Dear TucsonTraveller2,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. I am deeply sorry that your visit was less than satisfactory due to the issues you experienced with the room and maintenance levels being sub par. Rest assured that your comments will be forwarded to the appropriate departments so that we can further improve on our efforts.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and my apologies for the shortcomings.

Regards,

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 29 April 2013

This hotel was the worst I have ever stayed at.. Upon checking in it looks great.. Then you get to your room and it hits you. You can't stand in the bathroom without having to stand in a corner to shut the door. The lamps didn't work next to the bed. There was a big burn mark on the carpet, the pull out bed didn't have sheets on it . They have this round table that's by the couch that assuming you used the pull out bed the table would block the path from the other 2 beds. Then I went to give the kids a bath. The stopper didn't work. Then I went to take a shower and the tub creeks like it gonna break . Then I woke up went to get out of bed and the comforter was dirt on the inside . Like they just turned it over. We thought that it was over then we went to breakfast. My wife tried to eat the biscuits and gravy but it was still frozen in the middle. The hotel was so bad I checked after a day..

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank TazInAz
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Balloon Fiesta Park, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Dear TazInAz,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Albuquerque, NM.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 4 March 2013

a really great hotel in northern part of city right there next to the balloon park and just minutes from the Sandia casino .. very very quiet king suite on the first floor .. we heard nothing, just the hum of the air conditioner .. soft bed, great couch area and desk .. small refg, coffee maker and microwave .. the pool was warm and the hot tub nice though its jets didnt work .. excellent breakfast of eggs and sausage and all sorts of extras .. staff was of great help and very friendly and knowledgable of the area .. easy to find and get on and off the interstate . .. thanks to the manage of this hotel for such a wonderful stay

Room Tip: . we called Holiday Inn reservations and were able to secure a suite for the price of a regular room
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Stayed at hotel to visit with family and friends. This hotel provided good service and a very good, hot breakfast. Had a very spacious king room across from elevator. Had no problem with any noise from elevator, just kids running down hallway in morning. I saw construction area, however they were not working when we were there from Thursday eve thru Saturday.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2012

We stayed at the hotel for the Christmas Holiday. Although the room was not cleaned on the holiday, the staff provided clean towels. The staff are friendly and helpful, especially the lady at the breakfast buffet. The hotel is very comfortable and attractive. We will be back.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family