“Good food served in inadequate dining area”

Bocadillos New Mexico
Ranked #120 of 1,769 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Description: Slow Roasted Sandwiches!!!
Description: Slow Roasted Sandwiches!!!
“Good food served in inadequate dining area”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

My wife, sister-in-law, and I had lunch here yesterday. We each had a rueben sandwich which were very good. We also each had a side dish; cole slaw potato salad, and a mozzarella/tomato/artichoke dish. The sides were tasty, but portions were ridiculously small.

The overall experience was not good as the dining area was small and crowded with lots of houseflys. There were no windows and the front door was locked so we had to get someone's attention through the kitchen door to get in. Once we ordered our food, it took a long time before it was ready.

• Korean first
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Worth Stopping For (if you can find it)”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The sandwiches at this location are wonderful. I have had the 5-0- Filthy (slow roasted chicken) and the Philly. Both were quite large and served on warm, soft rolls. Two sandwiches, canned sodas and a side (chips, potato salad, or cole slaw) will run you about $22 give or take, but well worth it The sandwiches are filling and fresh. I assume it is mostly a carryout location as there are only a few tables. It is located right next to Blake's on Indian School (near Lowes on 12th Street and behind the Cultural Center). The staff is friendly and the sandwiches were ready within minutes. I would get the chicken or the Philly again in a heartbeat. I heard the Reuben was excellent also. Definitely stop if you are in the area or make a special trip - very much worth it. They accept cash and credit.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Steve K
United States
“Now serving breakfast, too!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This summer, Bocadillos will be serving breakfast as well as lunches. We took out lunch last weekend and were very happy with our meals. My husband thought the Duke City Rueben was very good. I had the 5-0-Filthy (roast chicken, green chile, bacon, asadero, and chipotle mayo with lettuce & tomato), which was delicious. It was so large I had half left over for lunch the next day. The sides we chose (cole slaw and potato salad) were very tasty, but the portions seemed quite small. Perhaps they would seem bigger if the sandwiches weren't so large.

This summer, Bocadillos is also serving breakfast sandwiches, burritos, and biscuits and gravy until 10:30 a.m. (Mon.-Sat.). I'm looking forward to trying the Pig on a Biscuit and the Heart Stopper. Now that I've told you all about this place, I hope I don't have to wait in line too long.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank msez
Tijeras, New Mexico
“Small but really an excellent sandwich”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Four friends went here for lunch and got there early so took up two tables which makes it difficult as the eating area is really small. The sandwiches--Cuban, Roast Turkey (t&a) and the Roast Beef (if forget its name) were just outstanding. Such good meat! So tender and tasty. Hear the chicken is outstanding as well. We'll be back but maybe take the sandwiches which are nicely packed in a paperbag to a park and eat outside. They need a bigger place!

• Visited April 2014
Lakewood, Colorado
“Eat Lunch Here!”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

On business and this place was 2 miles from our training facility. OMG! A must eat place if you want a giant hot hoagie with chips and soda for $12. You will be full and unable to eat dinner. It is hard to find (sign is faded - so you might miss it and have to turn around). I could have eaten lunch here every day. This is a tiny place that fills up and I know why. Don't miss this if you are visiting.

Visited February 2014