“Great Food, Great Story”

Bocadillos New Mexico
Ranked #108 of 1,766 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Slow Roasted Sandwiches!!!
Roswell, NM
“Great Food, Great Story”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Magnificent sandwiches for our lunch and they are now open for breakfast also. Saw this on Diners, Driveins and Dives so had to go there on our last trip to ABQ. Though extremely small inside seating, there were a few tables outside if the weather permits. Not only is the food excellent but the owner feeds about 1000 charter school kids both breakfast and lunch during the school year. She's a young lady with a lot of heart and some great culinary skills to go along with it.

• Visited June 2014

• Korean first
West Chicago, Illinois
“Had to find but worth the trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

My husband and I saw this restaurant featured on Diners, Drive ins and Dives and had to try it for ourselves. We had a little difficulty finding the restaurant because it is tucked into the side of a building but it was worth it. The food was really good. We met the owner. She was very nice and friendly.

• Visited July 2014
“Good food served in inadequate dining area”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

My wife, sister-in-law, and I had lunch here yesterday. We each had a rueben sandwich which were very good. We also each had a side dish; cole slaw potato salad, and a mozzarella/tomato/artichoke dish. The sides were tasty, but portions were ridiculously small.

The overall experience was not good as the dining area was small and crowded with lots of houseflys. There were no windows and the front door was locked so we had to get someone's attention through the kitchen door to get in. Once we ordered our food, it took a long time before it was ready.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Worth Stopping For (if you can find it)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

The sandwiches at this location are wonderful. I have had the 5-0- Filthy (slow roasted chicken) and the Philly. Both were quite large and served on warm, soft rolls. Two sandwiches, canned sodas and a side (chips, potato salad, or cole slaw) will run you about $22 give or take, but well worth it The sandwiches are filling and fresh. I assume it is mostly a carryout location as there are only a few tables. It is located right next to Blake's on Indian School (near Lowes on 12th Street and behind the Cultural Center). The staff is friendly and the sandwiches were ready within minutes. I would get the chicken or the Philly again in a heartbeat. I heard the Reuben was excellent also. Definitely stop if you are in the area or make a special trip - very much worth it. They accept cash and credit.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Steve K
United States
“Now serving breakfast, too!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

This summer, Bocadillos will be serving breakfast as well as lunches. We took out lunch last weekend and were very happy with our meals. My husband thought the Duke City Rueben was very good. I had the 5-0-Filthy (roast chicken, green chile, bacon, asadero, and chipotle mayo with lettuce & tomato), which was delicious. It was so large I had half left over for lunch the next day. The sides we chose (cole slaw and potato salad) were very tasty, but the portions seemed quite small. Perhaps they would seem bigger if the sandwiches weren't so large.

This summer, Bocadillos is also serving breakfast sandwiches, burritos, and biscuits and gravy until 10:30 a.m. (Mon.-Sat.). I'm looking forward to trying the Pig on a Biscuit and the Heart Stopper. Now that I've told you all about this place, I hope I don't have to wait in line too long.

• Visited June 2014