“Great accomodations”

Ranked #36 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Phoenix, United States
“Great accomodations”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Easy parking, clean rooms, great southwestern design. Complimentary dinner was tasty and convenient. The hotel location is right next to quality restaurants and shopping. Also, the location was conducive to where I had to drive within the city.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Reviewed 5 August 2014

very nice hotel! The rooms were spacious and very clean! We love the hot breakfast bar! Staff was very friendly and had a great knowledge of the area!the location was just Right off the main freeway an easy to get to!

• Stayed August 2014
Carla F, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you for your review, we look forward to accomodating you in the future.
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Our rooms were spacious, clean, and well maintained. The staff was courteous. There's plenty of parking and lots of places to eat nearby. The carpet in the hotel needs replacing, and our key cards kept malfunctioning (and yes, I kept them away from my phone and credit cards). I'd stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Carla F, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Thank you for your response, and we apologize for any inconveniences you experienced while at the hotel. We are in the process of replacing the carpet, and certainly hope that you will visit us again in the near future.
Albuquerque
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Looks good from outside. Inside there were leaks from the rain, carpet was dirty and not laid properly. There were grills to cook outside but no gas. Free dinner 4 nights was not that great. Like cafeteria food. Staff was great but more detail need to be paid to property upkeep.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your response. I have forwarded your concerns to the appropriate departments, and we are doing our best to rectify the situation.
Wilmington, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stay at Hiltons most of the time (unless there are none). I am a Hilton Honors member and have stayed in many Hiltons, this one was at the bottom of the list.

The reason I give this 3 stars is only related to the dining area. The food was very bad. I like having a breakfast to start the day, which is why I choose Hiltons..that and coffee. The breakfast and dinners offered here were so disappointing (compared to all our other stays at Hiltons). Watery tasting and looking eggs. Rubbery sausage. Watery oatmeal. 2 toasters..both jammed with bagels and not cleaned. Dinner: the vegetables floating in a vat of water scared me, I didn't attempt the hot dogs. The bowl of salad (I think it was supposed to be a salad bar). My bowl at home is bigger. I was pretty disappointed in the food. Ironically, I am not even a big foodie..I just appreciate a coffee and something decent before I head out. This was not that.

Convenient location, very close to a Trader Joe's (which I love and was great for snacks and food since we did not eat the hotel food). Close to highway and area attractions.
I phoned the lobby twice for more towels...phone was never answered ...went down to get them.

The room we stayed in was fine by Hilton's standards, nice views from the 6th floor. The elevator jiggled between floors and got stuck for a bit, we pressed the up/down/door open buttons and after 2 minutes we got moving again. We used the stairs often. Clean, roomy and quiet. Easy check-in and out.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Carla F, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to comment on Trip Advisor. Comments from our guests help us to ensure the quality and comfort of our guests. I would like to apologize for your recent stay with us. I have forwarded these comments to our staff. Thank you again and hope to see you in the future.
Albuquerque
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Rooms are in need of updating, the hallway smells of stale smoke. One elevator for upper floors, always crowded. Breakfast is of minimal quality at best. As a Hilton Honors participant, by far the least value in the Hilton chain.

Never Again....

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor. I would like to apologize for your recent stay with us. We pride ourselves on quality and overall guest satisfaction. I have forwarded these comments to our staff. Thank you.
Richardson, TX
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My family spent four nights here while in town visiting family. Overall this is a good facility with very clean, spacious rooms. Check in was super easy, and my specific room request was handled with no problem. I appreciated that the room had lots of storage with two closets and multiple drawers and cubbies in the bathroom vanity. I wish more hotels would offer this. The A/C worked great and the room was always cool and comfortable and the shower always had plenty of instant hot water. We had an end room and it was very quiet and we had a great view of the mountains. There were two flat screen TV’s, although they were not high-def. The pool area was very nice, clean and well-maintained as well. The complimentary breakfast was great with many hot and cold options, don’t miss the green chile sauce.

This hotel is also in a great location in Albuquerque. You can walk to many shopping and restaurant options, which is great when you’re traveling and want something easy. It’s a very nice area overall and I would definitely stay in the Uptown area again if back in Albuquerque.

The only downside, and it’s a big one, is that both me and my husband found the beds to be very uncomfortable. We were both exhausted at the end of the trip due to not sleeping well and it’s probably the main factor that would keep me from returning to this Homewood Suites in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the north or east side for a mountain view.