“A warning to all who may be forced to stay here due to seeing it right off the highway...DON'T!!!”

Americas Best Value Inn / East Albuquerque
Ranked #135 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Saint Joseph, Michigan
Reviewed 5 January 2014

A warning to all who may be forced to stay here due to seeing it right off the highway...DON'T!!! This has got to be one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at and I have driven cross country many times! The room was disgustingly dirty, soap was still in the shower from a previous user, we did not even have the option to park in front of our room due to the people that live there have that option and not the nightly guests and when heating up leftovers so that we could eat after 16 hours on the road my boyfriend was flipped off by the night clerk kid for wanting napkins!!! I do not know who posted the positive reviews but it has to be the owners or the people that live there because there was nothing good to say about this place at all! I would have rather slept in the truck at a rest stop in the 20 degree weather than stayed there!! Keep driving right past this place, you have been warned!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
abvi2009, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn / East Albuquerque, responded to this review, 5 November 2014
Dear Sarahgraham2014,

We are extremely concerned to note your dissatisfaction in our front desk staff. We just had a new employee join our team.If our staff was aware of your dissatisfaction with the room. They would have moved you into another room that was more comfortable. I do thank you for taking the time to complete feedback for our company.

Simon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 10 August 2013

The super 8 is a little further down the road. It was late when we pulled in, so we didn't see it until morning, so we settled for this dump. Overly priced for the quality, stinky room, damp toilet paper (you can tell it had been wet and dried probably during the last guest's stay) no fresh tp to change the disgusting one, creaky bathtub/shower floor, torn blankets, dim lighting, only one light works in the room, unresponsive clerk. Shady neighborhood. AVOID Whenever possible.

Room Tip: Super 8 just a little farther down the road
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ben S

Travellers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels

Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed 14 May 2013

How did I dislike this place? Let me count the ways! We were traveling with a large family group (5 rooms,) and we chose this place to keep costs to a minimum and to be close to the location of our grandson's graduation. What a disappointment!

Checkin - The lobby was dark, and the clerk sat behind a window that looked like a movie theater box office. There were unwelcoming signs such as "if you check in before 11AM, you check out time is 11AM the same day. No exceptions." and "Breakfast is no longer provided for weekly or monthly guests."

Room - Telephone inoperative, refrigerator inoperative (more than one room that I know of,) carpet dirty, beds poorly made.

Housekeeping - There were three people staying in our room. We had two bath towels, one hand towel and one washcloth. We asked for more, but they never came. The third day we were there, my wife and I hoped to take a nap in late morning. We returned to the room to find one bed stripped and the other made. The housekeeper said she would be back in five minutes to finish. After asking at the desk an hour later, the housekeeper returned about 30 minutes later. While we were standing outside waiting for her to finish, some strange man entered our room and made himself at home while carrying on a personal conversation with the housekeeper.

Breakfast - This may be the real highlight. Breakfast was only offered from 7AM till 9AM. There were two coffee tables with two folding chairs each set up in the lobby. There was coffee, two unidentifiable types of dry cereal. There may have been milk in the refrigerator, but I didn't look. there were also a few donuts left in a box of day old supermarket donuts. Again, the lobby was dimly lit. It was extremely uninviting.

Interesting incident - My son, who had an upstairs room, was standing on the balcony one night when a young man pulled into a parking place quickly, jumped out his car, ran up the stairs past my son and around the corner to the other side of the motel. A police car pulled up to the nearest corner and sat there for several minutes, then slowly drove away. Shortly thereafter, the young man walked back past my son, got back in his car and left. Nice neighborhood.

Overall - I just couldn't help wondering if this was one of those places that also did short-term (hourly) rentals.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TomWarren
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 24 January 2013

The first thing I saw when I walked in the room was a large bed with a very thin mattress. I pulled the fitted quilt back and there was just a bottom on the sheet on the bed; that's it. The walls had been spackled and not painted. The drawers were screwed shut on the furniture. There appeared to be dried blood on the dresser and also there was some kind of mucous-looking spots on top of the night stand -- very viscous. There were white crusty spots, which looked like dried semen, all over the floor next to the bed. There was a trail of vomit outside the door to the room, which I didn't notice at night when I arrived because of inadequate lighting. There was a broken soap/lotion dispenser on the wall in the shower/bath wall that was broken. There were stains in the bottom of the toilet bowl that I hoped was rust. There were mold stains in the tub. I ended up staying because I had just finished 14 hours of driving on the freeway and was super exhausted. I just slept on the one bottom sheet with no covers for fear of what might be on that. I have traveled the world four times, even in third world countries, and this was the absolute worst motel I have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Always check the room out before you pay for it, which I failed to do. Just because it says America...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Nonny919
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 2 November 2012

i stayed at this hotel for a week this year. it was very dirty, had ants and the hotel management lacked a lot in customer service. i felt like i was wasting their time when i asked for something, which was missing from the appartment

Room Tip: dont choose this hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ray y
Reviewed 15 May 2012

The room was pleasant and clean on first impression. (On closer inspection a small dirty spot on the bedside table, but not bad.) There were two things I didn't like so much about the room: the connecting door (not soundproof), and the creaky bathtub floor. Neither turned out to be too bad during my stay. The guest laundry room and the pool/spa were not open. Both needed repair, aparently. However, this was ok because the room was a nice price thanks to an ad on craigslist. The hotel is by the freeway, bus stop, Olive Garden restaurant across the street, and other shops and eating places like McDonalds, Village Inn, an asian buffet, Taco Bell, dollar stores, and Albertsons all just .7 miles north. There was a roller skating rink close by supposedly, but I didn't look into that.

• Stayed May 2012
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 28 August 2011

We had a wonderful stay. After checking out, we got 2 hours from hotel and realized our 16 month olds prize possession (a stuffed pink hippo) was not in the car. It had to be in the room. We called and the front desk manager, Tran, quickly searched the room with no luck but soon found "Hippo" in the parking lot. He overnighted "Hippo' and saved the day! We are so happy that Tran did this for us and we will gladly stay with him on our next trip through.

Room Tip: Room was clean with a good amount of space. The room rate was very reasonable.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business