“Hotel Impossible please help this place!”

GuestHouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #110 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Hotel Impossible please help this place!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is an older Country inn that needs a face lift, lots of little things need fixed.

One thing I don't like is that the turn off the ac when you leave your room??
This is very bad because some people do have pets like us??

They were removing wall paper by our door at 8:00 am who does that?
Lucky we were already up?

made for a miserable trip!

Room Tip: ask lots of questions check out room before getting it.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with hotel management to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inn & Suites standards. To discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Idaho
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I have over the years had some disappointments with hotels but this one takes the cake... Filthy room, soiled carpets, torn and ripped furniture and a heavy pine cleaner smell... (they said could NOT change the room as they were full... Parking lot 2/3rds empty (Lie #1)... Told me the type of room I got was by my request "a king room" however there were 2 adult males so we needed 2 separate beds... I only specified double occupancy... (Lie #2) WiFi works very well... (Lie #3) besides the detached and uninterested attitude or as my Mom used to call it "Snotty Attitude" DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL!!!!! NEVER!!!!! was rated on Priceline as a 2 1/2 star.... NO WAY!!!! Seriously I have been stuck in drug infested, street walker hotels in the inner city better than this!

Room Tip: Run fast in the opposite direction from this Hotel
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
CarlsonRezidor, Carlson at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations

Travellers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels

Vicksburg, Mississippi
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in need of repair. The wallpaper is peeling. The carpet is gross, stained and coming apart in some places. As far as my room goes, you couldn't even tell that housekeeping had been there. The tub was disgusting with lots of hair and the bed had food crumbs and hair in it. Turning the AC on high cold made my fire alarm go off! I could understand if I turned the heat on for the first time this year, but high cold should not do that! I am a concierge member of the Carlson club. This is the highest level of the club. I do not expect this type of experience at this brand.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Please accept our sincere apology for failing to deliver the comfortable and memorable experience you expect to enjoy from a Country Inn & Suites property. Our team works hard to make sure all of our guests feel welcome and we are sorry to hear we let you down during your recent stay. Please know we are taking the necessary steps to ensure our guests aren't met with a similar situation in the future. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to be of better service to you in the future.
Alamosa, Colorado
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Not at all impressed with this hotel. There was a gross half eaten old apple waiting for me in my room when I walked in, and an old used coffee filter still in the coffee pot in the morning. Also, the walls a paper thin, I'm glad I packed sleeping pills.

The front desk staff was pretty un-engaged and the wireless internet was unreliable.

I will not stay here again.

The bed had a nice mattress topper and comfortable pillows.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Care at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
We thank you for posting feedback about your recent stay!

We apologize that your room wasn't ready for you when you checked in, as we can certainly understand how this can affect the comfort of any stay. We will absolutely address your comments with our team to ensure our guests aren't met with a similar situation in the future.
Elkhart
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Stayed here two nights as I was flying, the staff was great as it has been at most locations. The room was good and the only complaint I would have is that they should update the shower curtain rods to the curved ones to allow more room in the shower. The morning breakfast was good, food was hot and had good flavor. I happen to stay on the second floor and sometimes that is an issue because you can hear people above and below but the room was quiet.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed 14 February 2014

My wife and I felt adequately safe here; it was easy on/ easy off the interstates as well. It is clear, though, that the area is not meant for walking.

Our room was fine as far as decoration; breakfast was adequate. The outdoor pool was not open, nor would we expect it to be.

There was a great deal of noise from people walking in the room above us. While I do not know this, I would guess that this structure was built as another franchise and that CI&S purchased it at some point. It is not one of their stellar properties - but neither is their price.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Booked 2 nights at this property on a popular app. When I got into Albuquerque and checked in, I was a little curious about the empty parking lot. The lobby was nice and the staff was as well. My surprise was when I got upstairs. Stained peeling wall paper that led to my room. This place needs a complete remodel. Every other Country Inn I have stayed was modern, clean and fresh. Not here. Stained walls, cheap furnishings, dirty bathroom floor and bowl. Dirty ice machine in the hall. Not what I expected. Plus, I had to change rooms due to my first room causing me to sneeze and get nasal congestion. I was able to get the second night cancelled (after 8 ours and multiple phone calls) and I will post soon on tonights stay at another brands property. So, until this place gets remodeled.. look elsewhere.

Room Tip: No Comment here, sorry..
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. Thank you for your valuable feedback. We hope you will give us another try in the future!