GuestHouse Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #103 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“Very Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2010

I went up to Albuquerque with my daughter to get out of town for a couple days. I used Priceline to book the room and after reading some reviews, I got a little worried. But I got a great price and figured that it's gotta be better than a Motel 6 or the Red Roof Inn.

When we arrived, we found the lobby to be very clean and the front desk clerk was very friendly. In fact, she gave us a complimentary upgrade since we were staying more than one night. First impression? Great place!

Got up to the room, opened the door and was surprised at how clean the room was! Very clean room, nice furnishings, and comfortable beds! Little coffee maker, nice desk and chair, great wifi connection, and clean carpets. At no point did I feel like I should wipe this down or clean this off first. I was VERY impressed with this room and I was surprised that I was able to get it at the price I got it at.

I stayed at the Albuquerque Marriott a month prior and I have to say, this place was as clean, if not cleaner, than the Marriott. If the Country Inn and Suites had a few more "luxury items", it would be right up there with it.

I'm not one who stays at the best hotels when I travel, but I do prefer something nicer than a Motel 6 or Red Roof Inn and I am VERY happy to have snagged a good price for this place.

I dunno what some of these negative reviews are all about but I would easily recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a decent place to stay in Albuquerque and next time I'm up there, I wouldn't hesitate to book this room directly with the hotel itself.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2010

The room was clean, the bed (looked new) was nice and very comfortable, and the room service was satisfactory. Staffs were kind and helpful, and the breakfast was good.
No other hotel like this could be found compare to the price. Very satisfied. I highly recommend Country Inn & Suites in Albuquerque.

• Stayed July 2010
Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2010

I stayed here with three other people and we each had a terrible experience. When we got to our rooms, NONE of them had been cleaned. The rooms were still dirty from whoever had been there before. When I called to have someone come up and clean the rooms, I was told they didn't have anyone and they would give us new rooms. The lock on my second room was in pieces on the floor. The door had been KICKED in. I asked for that to be fixed but it took two days for anyone to make it up there and even look at it. The last night we were there, my colleague noticed two of our doors were missing peepholes. You could see directly into the room! By this time I was over it. I demanded that be fixed by the time we returned from dinner and came back to see it had been fixed, but several other doors on the same floor were missing their peepholes. The next morning was checkout and I wanted to speak to a manager before we left. After telling her about all our problems, the only offer she made was to give me a free suite for two nights. I have stayed in Country Inn & Suites before and never experienced any problems. This was by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed at and will make sure our company never uses them again. If you are a femal traveling alone, I would stay very very far from this place.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thornton, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2010

The Worst Hotel Experience EVER!!!!!

First of all the beds had sheets that did not fit and kept coming OFF all through the night. Also every time someone above us used water the pipes would rattle and make noise like a medieval torture device.. keeping me and my wife up all night!!!
All said it was one of the worst hotel stays ever!!!

After much complaining and going through hoops, I finally got my money back..whew!!!

AVOID THIS PLACE!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2010

Chose the hotel based on Trip Adviser ratings. It is underrated in my opinion. Very clean, good location just off of I-25, abundant parking, reasonable rates. One staff member was excellent, others were so-so. Excellent choice for overnight stay going through Alb area.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2010

I'm also mystified by the bad reviews. There's nothing wrong with the adjacent neighborhood. I didn't leave any valuables in my car, but I would never do that at any property. It is adjacent to the freeway and airport with their associated noise, but it's also convenient to both.

I stayed in a two-room suite on a Goldpoints award. The room was very clean and comfortable. The air conditioning worked fine. There was a slight delay checking in; a large group of kids soccer players were in the hotel. That said, I didn't have any trouble with noise in the rooms.

Breakfast was good but crowded due to the group.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2010

I stayed in one of the suites. The room was clean, and the bed was extremely comfortable. I usually stay in 4-star hotels, and this bed was just as good. The carpet looked new also. It is a great stay at a good price.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business