“Terrific way to experience ALBQ”

Routes Bicycle Rentals & Tours
Ranked #1 of 19 Food & Drink in Albuquerque
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Routes Bicycle Tours & Rentals offers fun, easy and safe bike rentals and tours throughout Albuquerque. See the sites, learn the history, take photos, and make memories. Enjoy your ride - let ROUTES be your guide! Tours include Biking Bad, ABQ Bike & Brew, Winery Tours, Daily Scenic Tours, Mountain Biking Adventures, Balloon Fiesta Bike Tour, NM Chile Tour, and more! Visit our website for a full list of award-winning tours. Open 7 days a week - free delivery and pick-up. Locally-owned and operated.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Burlington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Terrific way to experience ALBQ”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

The Bosque Tour was terrific. My guide, Bob, was incredibly informative and you could tell why he loved living in Albuquerque. It's a wonderful way to experience the city through the eyes of a local. Albuquerque is not a classic tourist town and one could miss a lot by driving through quickly on the way to Santa Fe and other tourist destinations.

Visited November 2013

California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Highly Recommend”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We took the Bosque tour, and it was fabulous! The tour takes you through Old Town, 1/2 way across the river for a gorgeous 360 view of the river, the city, the mountains, and the west side. Then we went south along the river past the zoo, Tingley Beach, and the back of the Hispanic Center. The tour also goes through the Country Club area, where we saw 3 Breaking Bad houses. (We also took a slight detour to see the houses that belonged to my grandmother and great grandmother, but I doubt that will be on your tour!)

I was born and raised in Albuquerque, but haven't lived there for 30 years. I learned a lot of new stuff, as well as remembered long-forgotten things. The guide was great, the bikes were in good shape, the weather was perfect. Can't wait to return and take another tour!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank HLHCalifornia
Sussex
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Balloon Fiesta Ride”
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

We had the most excellent experience with Routes Rental. Meet in the dark at Los Poblanos Historic Inn and Farm (which was on my must see list anyway) so that we could get a jump start on seeing the sunrise and dawn patrol initial launch as we were biking. The Bosque trail is a beautifully paved trail that follows the Rio Grande River that we took right to Balloon Fiesta Park (17 miles round trip). We totally avoided traffic and parking issues by our wonderful guides ushering us right in to enjoy the most beautiful mass ascension of balloons I've ever seen. Their breakfast burritos were delicious.
Our guides were great and informative on sights along the way.
Helpful hints: bring a backpack so that as needed you can peel off layers and gloves for the early morning portion of the ride.

1 Thank tamsterj
Vancouver, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Bicycle ALBQ”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Heather was a font of information. They prepare their bikes very well and they are easy to ride. Neat bike path along the Rio Grande, which goes north where a friendly coyote roams the path, along with a watermelon eating squirrel. Going south you can see into the elephant enclosure of the zoo.

Visited October 2013
Olney, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“The Biking Bad Tour is tight, tight, tight!”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

In the words of Tuco Salamanca this bike tour offered by Routes is "tight, tight, tight". Heather and Josh lead our bike tour of the popular show Breaking Bad. There are actually five offerings of this tour but my wife and I only were in the ABQ for one day so we could do one of the tours.

Our tour was "Walts descent", which focused on Walts transition from chemistry teacher to well... you know, Heisenberg. The other tours focus on other characters; Jesse, Mike, and Hank.

From the beginning our tour guides focused on safety and comfort. They sized us up for bikes, gave us helmets, and discussed safety ideals as we cruised through the city. I had initial concerns about biking in the city but ABQ is a very bike friendly town and our tour guides took care of us. It was a relief to see such concern about safety.

The tour lasts about 2.5 hours and I don't want to give away any spoilers but at each stop was discussion about the location we were at. The only spoiler I have is that Heather and Josh are die hard fans of the show and really delve into character development. It's great to learn some of the psychology of the show from the tour guides as well as why this or that scene was selected by the writers of the show.

A true review should have negatives as well as positives, even though I'm hesitant that people might dwell on these and miss out on a great experience, so here it is the big negative. if you are only superficially aware of the show or you have watched the show only casually then my guess is that you will not enjoy 2.5 hours of slow biking and in depth discussion about a "tv show". You might like the discussion surrounding the architecture and history of ABQ but that might be the extent of your enjoyment.

For myself, a die hard fan and foreigner to ABQ, I would have to say that I walked away with a memorable experience that I will not soon forget. Also, Heather and Josh throw in a few goodies on the way out the door that are hilarious and well thought out. Muchos Gracis Heather and Josh.

Visited September 2013