“Very Enjoyable!”

Studio 6 Albuquerque North
Ranked #95 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
“Very Enjoyable!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

First time at a Studio 6. Loved the full kitchen, and the room was large and clean. The bed was very very comfortable.The property was quiet, and the front desk people were friendly.
Two week stay. A great value for a week's stay but for vacationers, no pool. But there is a Motel 6 just a ways down and you can use theirs for free. Wi-Fi worked great. No problems. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I had a downstairs room in the third building. Very quiet and there was a lot of parking.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Anai S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 8 nights between Christmas and New Years. There was no service. The house keeping only came one time in 8 days. We had to buy our own cleaning products and toilet paper. For tho cost we could have done much better. We will not be back.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Wcgmeyer
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I wanted a cheap get away weekend and this fit the bill. At $39 a night for a room with a kitchen it did not brake the bank. I needed to do work on my computer and the workspace was perfect. What I liked the most was the front desk calling me soon after I got into my room to make sure everything was okay. It wasn't and they gave me the internet at no change. I gave them an average rating because that's what it was.

Room Tip: They have smoking rooms. You would need to walk up stars if they give you a second floor
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank SandBetweenMyToes007
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Sure, the overall appearance is shabby, dirty and broken down...you get what you pay for and have to accept that to a certain degree. In this instance, you might actually get less than what you paid for.

If what you paid for doesn't include partying strippers, drunken couples fighting in the parking lot, police cars and officers hauling someone away, wifi that crawls along, someone getting raped or stabbed in the building next to you...um ya...not exactly awesome.

If what you paid for presumably includes being able to go in and out of the room you paid for, once again...you might not get what you paid for. The lock on my room door was broken for 3 days...staff told me I'd have to wait for maintenance to fix it on Monday. That was Friday night. I literally had to run back and forth half a dozen times trying different keys in the lock, until finally staff came over and manually unlocked it...twice. Forget about going out, making plans, doing anything...leaving the room, if you can't get back in. They didn't put me in a new room until it was fixed...nothing. Then, to top it off, they refused to reimburse me for any portion of those 3 days that I paid for.

If it wasn't true, it would be really hard for me to believe. I can't even begin to wrap my head around the logic and belief that this is how customers are treated.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Upon checking in the staff were very professional and helpful. They answered all our questions with a smile and knew the area very well. Anytime we needed anything they were extremely quick, courteous, and friendly. They were also very understanding and heartfelt to our circumstances of being stranded with a broken down vehicle over Christmas. We are very grateful to have had a place to call home away from home that was specifically dog friendly. We will definitely recommend Studio 6 to all our friends and family. Please wish all the staff a very Happy New Year from us. Mike and Shawn.

Room Tip: Pet friendly!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Brissa A
Magdalena, New Mexico
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I love this place, and have visited many times in the last two years. Although my background is San Francisco and Houston, I now live 2 1/2 hours away on a ranch on the Plains of NM, and must come to Albuquerque for supplies and all the extras. I stay over because a five-hour round trip is too long, and staying here is like a mini vacation. The staff has always been friendly and efficient. No they don't dote on you but they get you into a room ASAP. The in-room kitchen accommodations are more than adequate and well equipped with range, micro, full fridge, coffee maker, and dishes. No hair dryer, well gee whiz. The bathroom floor tiles might be chipped. Gosh. Look at the price you pay folks! No, the mattresses are not new, I usually take the bedspread off (kind of heavy duty), I ask for a spare flat sheet to then place over the blanket. I doubt any motel washes the blanket or bedspread each time so I do this everywhere. I have been granted late checkout, the wifi is $3.95 extra, but if you don't want to pay, a Starbucks is just across the Interstate. The grounds are lovely and well maintained, and although it is just off I-25, it is always quiet. As a woman traveler, I always feel safe here. I make my reservations online and the front desk staff always has accommodated me in, and are aware of, my requests. Hey, for the money it is great and the location is close to about everything. You can bring your pets in, though I never have. I have paid three times more and not had the amenities. If someone had a problem with rudeness, perhaps they should look at themselves first. For my money, this place is home when I am in Albuquerque.

Room Tip: I like upstairs and on the end.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank PlainsSpeaking
phoenix, az
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I've had to beg for housekeeping service every week I've been here. Every WiFi access code I was given was wrong, even after reading it back to the (very rude) guy at the front desk and being told I wrote it down correctly. I've had trash on my bathroom floor for 3 weeks, since before I moved in, and nobody's touched it. No one has cleaned the counters, either. Called today for the 3rd time to get someone to take out my trash and used towels, and the front desk clerk told me I would have to call back in the morning to talk with the manager and hung up on me while I was in mid-sentence. They allow dogs but say that the housekeeping staff are afraid of them so they won't service the rooms, even when they know that there are no pets in the rooms. The managers are very nice and seem to be accommodating, but not a single thing they have told me has materialized. I even confirmed my reservation with the general manager, who took my credit card number, and I received a call several days later saying my room needed to be confirmed with a credit card. The excuse they gave was that when a reservation was put in their computer system, it never stayed there until it was confirmed twice. You can't count on the office being open on time - the staff seem to get to work as late as they feel want to.

Room Tip: I woke up yesterday in my non-smoking room with my hair reeking of cigarette smoke. The non-smoking...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank livingart
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Studio 6 Albuquerque North, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Dear livingart,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The cleanliness and guest service conditions you encountered are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6, and we sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our Guest Relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.