“Authentic Mexican Seafood”

Cuisines: Mexican
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Authentic Mexican Seafood”
Reviewed 23 November 2011

This new place advertises itself as "Mexican Seafood, Estilo Sinaloa" -- Sinaloan style. I have no reason to doubt the authenticity. The menu is in Spanish and the owners/staff speak English as a second language. On a recent visit for lunch on a weekday, there were only two other customers in the place, which can probably seat about 30-35 at a guess. The decor and the building itself is austere. The menu is seafood with very few exceptions. Lunch came with a starter cup of seafood soup -- clear broth with one shrimp in the cup. It was OK but nothing special. I had the tuna tacos and wasn't very impressed; my wife had the regular fish tacos which were very good. The home-made refried beans that came with our meals were excellent. We did not do this, but I understand if you call ahead they will prepare their specialty item which is "Pescado Zarandeado" -- fish done in the traditional west coast method of Mexican cooking. I would try that before I write this place off, but based on our one visit so far, this place will have to work harder to stay up with the competition in Albuquerque.

• Visited November 2011