“Nice place to stay.”

Ranked #117 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Dallas, tx
“Nice place to stay.”
Reviewed 20 July 2012

The service is great here, the rooms are nice and the coffee is pretty good. The rooms were nice with the laminate floors. It is clean and comfortable. The pool is nice. We enjoyed our night here and would stay again when in the area. You have to pay for internet and they do not serve breakfast but with the low rates you can splurge for the internet and breakfast near by.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
South Carolina
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Typical room layout for a motel in this class. Interior was recently redone, making the stay pleasant. Clean room, comfortable bed and new bathroom is all one needs for a single night. With the low price it was a good deal.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Burney, California
Reviewed 9 October 2011

This place is just plain sad. I booked this particular location because of the review I read from another visitor. He was wrong. Yes this place has been remodeled but, it looks as though they used materials they picked up at a garage sale. The floors are all lanolium, no carpeting, which is really nice to have when you're away from home. The shower looked newer, but it was tiny and hard to move around in without bumping into the walls. The TV was small and old, the sink was new but there wasn't much room to put your things down. The linnen was bad; the bedspreads had stains all over them. The towels were grimy as if an auto mechanic just wiped his hands on them. I asked for new towels but they didn't have any. I asked for another pillow and again, they were out. The walls were thin and being located between the freeway and University Blvd sure was noisy. The clientel was a little spooky, made me nervous to be there. The staff was very nice, but they screwed up my reservation and had to find another room for me when I arrived. The next day my card key didn't work and again we had to speak with the front desk to get it straightened out. I'm familiar with Albuquerque and should have known better than to stay in this area but another review said this place was nice. I learned my lesson.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms, this place is between the freeway and a busy street.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank casabear
Spring, Texas
Reviewed 18 July 2011

This is one of the best Motel 6's I've ever been in. The rooms are newly renovated and they look beautiful. Wood floors, color schemed wall paint with bed sheets!! Bathroom has a lighted towel portal and a beautiful vessel bath sink. New shower stalls and modern light fixtures. Cleanest motel room I've ever been in. Had to stay 3 nights there, then came back 5 days later into another room and it was spotless, too. Front desk was awesome, helped me with directions and attractions throughout the city. All that was missing was the $150 mint on the pillow!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank beckr1
San Pedro Sula
Reviewed 1 October 2010

I stayed here one night, planning for 2 but they increased the price on Thurs. due to the upcoming balloon festival, which did not even start until Sat. morning, so I moved to another very comprable hotel that was cheaper. I marked the "service block" down for the raising the price 2 days before the festival. The hotel appears to be fairly new and was very nice. My non-smoking room smelled of cigarettes though and had an ashtray that was flipped upside down. The bottom had a no smoking symbol, but when you flipped the ashtray over the sympol was gone so there you go. There were a few cigarette burns on the sink fixture so obviously the room had been used for smoking previously. But it did not reek bad so I did not complain. The shower appeared new. Not happy that the Wi-Fi cost $2.99 per day when other Motel 6's I have stayed in recently gave it away free as did the hotel I moved to. Only coffee in the morning, no continental breakfast or anything. Pool was nice. This hotel is right on the side of highway 40, and the traffic noise never goes away. That did not bother me but it would my mother. This is a nice place, but there are other nice motels in town offering more for the same or cheaper price. Many others in town offer free wi-fi and breakfast included, same price as here during the week and cheaper on weekends. See my review on the Rodeway Inn where I moved to Thurs.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank mm112233
Amarillo
Reviewed 16 August 2010

We rolled in on a Sat morning without reservations & staff was extremely friendly & went out of their way to get a room cleaned so we could check in. Located next to I-25 very close to Univer of NM & the football, baseball and BMX stadiums. Other side of I-25 is a little run down older neighboorhood but we had no problems. Rooms & bed were clean and comfortable. Pillows really slim but we broguht our own. The rooms have hardwood floors rather than carpet which we like cuz we travel with 2 big dogs. Just one very small patch of grass for dogs. We moved to another Motel 6 after 2 nites though to be closer to restuarants and shopping.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
denver
Reviewed 24 February 2010

So for those of you who didn't have the luxury if growing up in ABQ (sarcasm)... this hotel is in a really really shady part of town. Do not bring valuable items with you and if you do... do not ever leave them in your car here. They WILL be taken. Every time i have stayed at this motel the police have been called for some sort of disturbance. That being said, The room quality is average, but the customer service is amazing. If i ever have a problem, the staff is eager to help. This is a good place to stay if you are a college kid or a young adult traveling on a budget. This is not a place for any sort of romance or business travel. So if you are adventurous, brave, and strapped for cash... stay here. But don't forget to bring your mace. What goes down in the parking lot is scary. Not a place for kids... but a good place to save money.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends