“kind of scary”

Ranked #116 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Oklahoma
“kind of scary”
Reviewed 26 May 2008

The staff was nice. We came to Albuquerque earlier than expected and were glad to find a hotel close to all the places we wanted to visit. The bed mattress needed replacement. The room was clean. The ice machine was broken, but they had provided a cooler with ice - which is better than doing without. I didn't like all the activity in the parking lot. Going outside to my car to get some of my belongings - I was approached by someone asking for money. Later that evening we saw two men outside that looked like they were up to no good. One was carrying around a pillow they were looking into car windows - probably trying to break in to the cars. I reported it to the hotel main desk and kept a watch at my window. I didn't see a police cruiser show up or anything. We only stayed one night as we felt unsafe.

• Liked — Staff was friendly.
  • Disliked — No security a lot of crime.
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank softmelody

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Los Lunas, New Mexico
Reviewed 3 January 2008

I have stayed a many motel 6's and I have to say this is one of the best. Clean room and friendly staff. when I need to stay in Albq again I will stay here.

• Stayed January 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Travelingsalespro
Cambridge
Reviewed 8 November 2006

We stayed here for two nights during the Balloon Fiesta and thought the room and motel were very clean and presentable. It's a Motel 6, we were not expecting palatial splendour, but we were expecting a clean room, bathroom and fresh linen. Thats what we got, as well as courteous service from the motel staff. I would highly recommend staying in this motel if you are on a budget and only want a place to stay for the night. Perfect if you are away on holiday and don't mind having some of the comfort of a more upscale motel. I would certainly return.

Stayed October 2006