“Bed Bug City.”

Ranked #118 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Midwest City, Oklahoma
“Bed Bug City.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

I stayed at the dump on 01/08/14-01/08/14 I checked in at 12:15am and checked out at 01:00 am. After finding BED BUGS which I have pictures of and video of them blood sucking nasty creatures. The remedy was to offer me another room. I'm sorry but if the room I was given had bed bugs, dirty linen, and a small 19 inch television that didn't even work to top it why would I want anything on your property. Upon checking out I asked for my cash back and was denied. Now I have to wait for cooperate to address giving me a refund. It wasn't much money but the money that me and my kids had to spend on itch cream from the bites we received in such a short time I believe I deserve something back. Motel 6 needs to clean up this property. I would also like to thank Motel 6 of Albuquerque for having me and my kids sleep at a rest stop in the cold since I already paid for a room just to rest for a couple of hours I couldn't see myself paying for another room. BEWARE BECAUSE THE BED BUGS WILL ATTACH TO YOUR BELONGINGS AND THEN YOU'RE STUCK WITH A TERRIBLE PROBLEM!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

This was the first Motel 6 ever to accommodate our request for extra pillows and room location.
We asked for a room not facing the highway, as we thought it would be quieter - this is not the case, there are cars and trucks driving along the road in front of the motel all night. The room was done up in the usual 'modern' Motel 6 format - laminate floors, green wall and updated bathroom. The Queen bed was very small.
There was a list of warnings at the front desk - no visitors, no noise after certain hours, etc which was a little surprising as it doesn't seem like the neighbourhood is bad.
We like Motel 6 for the cheap accommodations, but we would explore other options if in Albuquerque again.

Room Tip: Facing the highway or not, the hotel is just in a noisy spot.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sara T
Zuni Pueblo, New Mexico, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by the room's appearance, the ease of the check-in and check-out process, and the location (~ 10-15 minutes from most places on Central Ave in the downtown and Nob Hill area). There has clearly been an attempt to keep the rooms looking modern and aesthetically pleasing. However, this nice appearance was only on a superficial level. I had a hair (not mine) on one of the towels, noted old/used hand soap between the edge of the bathroom sink and the wall, had difficulty w/ the TV remote, and noted a lot of dust underneath the bed when I went to pick something up. Plus, the heating/cooling system and the bathroom vents were very loud (especially late at night, when the neighbors would use them). I feel that, with a bit more attention to detail, and maybe a bit of revamping to the heating/cooling/venting system, this would be an even better place to stay.
I would consider staying there again, even despite my few issues.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jasmin R
Gallup, New Mexico, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

The rooms at this location are fine if you don't need an electrical outlet near the bed or if you don't mind the air conditioner freezing you while you try to sleep.
I use a C-pap at night so having an electrical outlet is necessary. The only outlet was across the room. I called the front desk for an extension cord but they didn't have any. One night of bad sleep. The evening we stayed was warm thus requiring the use of the air conditioner. One bed was right next to the air conditioner, I mean touching it. The only way to keep the person sleeping in the other bed from roasting was to run the air.
Lastly, the cleaning people began work at about 7:30 in the morning. Forget about any extra sleep.
I've stayed at the other 2 Motel 6's and I will return to them. This location is permanently scratched off my list.

• Stayed September 2013
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

Anyone booking with Motel 6 books for a reason: it's supposed to be easy, cheap, relatively clean, and reasonably safe.

This place does not fit the bill. The first sign that it's a dive would be the clerk being encased in one of those bulletproof spaces you find in bad convenience stores. On the wall in the check-in area a notice is posted that the motel freely shares the identities of occupants with the Albuquerque PD. When checking in, you're forced to sign an agreement that if you engage in criminal activity you can be evicted without refund. In years of staying in budget motels, that was a first.

Despite making an online reservation with Motel 6 and showing the clerk the confirmation e-mail, he could not find the reservation. Turns out the reservations had all been faxed to the motel due to a previous power outage, something this clerk was not aware of. He had me fill out a piece of paper to book the room. When calling the motel later to make sure I was not charged for the guaranteed reservation that the Motel couldn't find, I was promised a call from the manager. The manager never bothered to call.

Things didn't get better when I got to the room. The door was jammed due to a loose strike plate and had to be rammed with a shoulder to open. The clerk, encased in the aforementioned bulletproof enclosure, could only offer a different room (not a great option when your stuff is already in the room with the jammed door). He was obviously unable to leave his enclosure so help with the door was out of the question. The bedspread had cigarette burns that had been "patched" by sewing in pieces of other bedspreads. Various unidentifiable black spots were present on the bedspreads and scuff marks covered the sides of the beds. Pillows from both beds had long black human head hairs on them. Who knows how long it'd been since they were last changed. I slept on a sleeping bag on top of the bed.

The area did not appear particularly safe but it was relatively quiet. Until 1:00am anyway, when my "neighbors" arrived back at their room, talked loudly for half an hour, and then engaged in "intimate relations" for a while. I don't really care if consenting adults want to do this at a cheap motel but it also shouldn't sound like they're in the room with me. The walls between the rooms transmitted everything and the door joining the rooms apparently fit very loosely. Turning on the old TV didn't really help.

The shower was average for a Motel 6 and the toilet did not appear especially unclean. The sink was actually fairly recent. No hand soap was provided; just a bar of bath soap. The towels appeared clean.

Checkout was the only positive experience I remember at this place.

Never again.

Room Tip: As mentioned elsewhere, there really are no "better" rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank when_are_we_leaving
Topock, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

We were looking for an inexpensive one night stay while waiting for Mom to be discharged from the Presbytarian hospital. This motel fit the bill.

The graciously accomodated my request for a first floor room. Room was clean and ready when we got there.

Although trying to sleep while a volleyball team washed uniforms until the wee hours was difficult, I can't fault the motel for that.

I would encourage anyone looking for a quiet night to ask for an outside ground floor or an upstairs room.

I love being able to take my pet with us and Motel 6 gets my vote every time. They always welcome a pet without an additional "fee."

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the laundry room, it was busy all night.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Northridge, Ca
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

This motel six was so so check in was ok they had already charged our room to the card (not a hold but actually charged) even though we weren’t late which is unusual but we had reserved it so ok whatever. The place was not to busy for a Sat night but they put everyone in the front rooms near the office which made it a pretty noisy stay I would have tried to spread it out a bit more like most the motel I stay at when traveling with my dog. It was clean and the bed wasn’t hard so it’s your call. I probably wouldn’t come back much to loud

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple