“On our to Yuma, AZ.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Yuma, Arizona
“On our to Yuma, AZ.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

10/6/14
On our way back from my Navy Reunion in Myrtle Beach, SC. Almost home. This motel is between a Hwy. and a busy St. Be careful it is on a curve. The staff was very nice and the room #225 was clean.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

The pillows were filthy. The bedspreads were stained with dark spots. The bathroom floor was covered with a oily, gritty film. Blood splatter on the bathroom wall. To top it all off, a huge black roach fell out of my clothes when I was packing.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Melissa C
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

My granddaughter was having surgery Tuesday morning (6-10-14) wanted to find a place close to UNM hospital. I work for a hotel in Raton NM and know how rooms should be cleaned. This room was far from clean the top bed sheet on 1 bed was full of burn marks the other bed sheet had some sort of spill marks, bathroom had hair on floor in shower and inside toilet, something had been spilt on the counter by the tv. I had a room with 2 beds but only had 1 set of towels. Will NOT stay there again!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Shauna R
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

After reading the previous reviews I can only guess this Motel 6 went through some serious renovations. When we stayed here, it seemed like everything was new. New hardwood floor style floors, new sheets, and a neat and clean mid century feel. Everything looked new, and the place was inviting. We only stayed for a night driving through and we were pleasantly surprised. Amazing deal for the price. Highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MoushumiG
Midwest City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

I stayed at the dump on 01/08/14-01/08/14 I checked in at 12:15am and checked out at 01:00 am. After finding BED BUGS which I have pictures of and video of them blood sucking nasty creatures. The remedy was to offer me another room. I'm sorry but if the room I was given had bed bugs, dirty linen, and a small 19 inch television that didn't even work to top it why would I want anything on your property. Upon checking out I asked for my cash back and was denied. Now I have to wait for cooperate to address giving me a refund. It wasn't much money but the money that me and my kids had to spend on itch cream from the bites we received in such a short time I believe I deserve something back. Motel 6 needs to clean up this property. I would also like to thank Motel 6 of Albuquerque for having me and my kids sleep at a rest stop in the cold since I already paid for a room just to rest for a couple of hours I couldn't see myself paying for another room. BEWARE BECAUSE THE BED BUGS WILL ATTACH TO YOUR BELONGINGS AND THEN YOU'RE STUCK WITH A TERRIBLE PROBLEM!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

This was the first Motel 6 ever to accommodate our request for extra pillows and room location.
We asked for a room not facing the highway, as we thought it would be quieter - this is not the case, there are cars and trucks driving along the road in front of the motel all night. The room was done up in the usual 'modern' Motel 6 format - laminate floors, green wall and updated bathroom. The Queen bed was very small.
There was a list of warnings at the front desk - no visitors, no noise after certain hours, etc which was a little surprising as it doesn't seem like the neighbourhood is bad.
We like Motel 6 for the cheap accommodations, but we would explore other options if in Albuquerque again.

Room Tip: Facing the highway or not, the hotel is just in a noisy spot.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sara T
Zuni Pueblo, New Mexico, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by the room's appearance, the ease of the check-in and check-out process, and the location (~ 10-15 minutes from most places on Central Ave in the downtown and Nob Hill area). There has clearly been an attempt to keep the rooms looking modern and aesthetically pleasing. However, this nice appearance was only on a superficial level. I had a hair (not mine) on one of the towels, noted old/used hand soap between the edge of the bathroom sink and the wall, had difficulty w/ the TV remote, and noted a lot of dust underneath the bed when I went to pick something up. Plus, the heating/cooling system and the bathroom vents were very loud (especially late at night, when the neighbors would use them). I feel that, with a bit more attention to detail, and maybe a bit of revamping to the heating/cooling/venting system, this would be an even better place to stay.
I would consider staying there again, even despite my few issues.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo