“Cocina Mexicana”

Cuisines: Mexican
Neighbourhood: Raynolds Addition
Neighbourhood: Raynolds Addition
Reviewed 21 July 2013

On a recent trip to Albuquerque, I was pleasantly surprised to be introduced to such a wonderful, local authentic Mexican restaurant. The lovely atmosphere just enhanced the real beauty of the experience - the Food!

My breakfast began with a lovely roast coffee and one of the favorites on the menus, the Machaca; a simple 2 egg scramble highlighted with jalapeños, onions, shredded beef and diced tomatoes. The meal was full of fresh ingredients and had a warm flavor without being too spicy hot. Fast friendly service with chips and red salsa were a great compliment to my meal. All for under $10.

Easy to find, the restaurant is located in a small strip center on the corner of San Mateo and Montgomery in NW Albuquerque.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

On our last trip to New Mexico, my husband and I had the pleasure of eating at Delicias Cafe. They surprised us by providing a free homemade vegetable soup. It was delicious!!! It had a wonderful homemade broth and numerous fresh vegetables. Best soup I've had in a restaurant. The red chile con carne which I ordered was deep and full flavored. It was as good as my New Mexican mother-in-law's! We ate so well we returned the following day. We had excellent Mexican breakfasts. My New Mexican born husband also loved the food.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

First time dinner ... Great central Mexico food ...I had breakfast huevos rancheros ... Service great friendly ... Great value ... A taste of Mexico ... Great !!!!!

Reviewed 8 May 2013

Ever since a friend introduce me to this restaurant, we go every Sunday for lunch. In particular,,I order the Chilaquiles Delicias, as I love their tomatillo sauce...however I request for them to hold the hash browns. The rice and beans with cheese are exquisite.,their enchiladas suizas or with mole, are pretty good. Another excellent selection is their chicken or beef soup...if you request a main dish, you will get a cup of chicken soup. Food is abundant and reasonable, the service and excoriation is very good. The only item I did not care for was the steak ...but the Milanesa was food. Even the salsa that accompanies the chips, is tasty.

Hope you go and get a taste of old Mexico.

2  Thank Patricia C
Reviewed 6 May 2013

This was our first visit to Delicias Cafe. We had heard good thing about it so we wanted to try it for ourselves. Pretty much all of the positive things we had heard were true. We went for breakfast. The food was delicious and there were a number of terrific choices available on the menu. Since everyone in our party ordered different items, we were able to sample many of the items they offer for breakfast. The pancakes, the Patron skillet, the huevos Rancheros and the plain breakfast were all delcious. Everything was well seasoned, piping hot and every bite was a treat.

All that said, the best part of our meal was the INCREDIBLE service we received. Our server could not have done anything better than she did. She was always there to refill drinks, heat up the maple syrup for the pancakes, bring more tortillas, salsa and anything one might imagine or need. I am so sorry I don't remember her name but she was fabulous. Its a theme that seems to run throughout the restaurant.

We will definitely visit again for breakfast and we are headed back this week to try their lunch offerings! great spot!