“Popular with the locals”
Review of Dion's

Dion's
Ranked #277 of 1,826 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Though it's a chain, Dion's appears to be very popular with the locals. We ate there twice on a recent visit to New Mexico. The first night we ordered sandwiches, which ranged from pastrami to meatball. Though it was busy, we received our food quickly and those who had the pastrami raved about it. I had the meatball sub, which was too big for my small appetite. It was adequate but the meatballs weren't as tasty as I like. It was too big and too hot to hold, so I mutilated it with a fork--and that's OK. Sides are chips, fresh fruit or Koolsla, which is like slaw but different.
On our return a few days later, we had three different kinds of pizza and everyone was more than pleased with flavor and taste. I had plain cheese and had to blot it with napkins to eliminate some of the grease, but it was still good. More importantly for those on a budget, it was affordable. Our medium pizza was $9 and would have easily fed three people.

Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

We eat at Dion's every time we come to Abq. We have been to several different ones all over town. Its always the same great food great service great atmosphere!!!!

Reviewed 29 April 2013

It's the only pizza we ever eat-we call it in and take it to go. The lines in the drive through are always long but they send runners out to move things along. We love their salads and keep a bottle of Dion's Greek and Ranch in our refrigerator for emergencies. My husband is in the mood for pizza more often than I am, so I supplement with Gourmet Chicken salad or a hot turkey sub. Their sandwich bread is crispy, tender and delicious. Dion's hires a younger set to man the kitchen and trains them to hustle, be friendly and efficient.

Reviewed 23 March 2013

nice fast food italian restaurant pizza,sub,etc we get pizza here a lot, they have a good system here for geting your food to you fast, and we like that, and there not just fast they are friendly and the food is great,

Reviewed 24 February 2013

I regularly visit my neighborhood Dion's for a slice of their perfectly crisp thin crust pizza and a half salad - Ranch, Gourmet Chicken and Greek are my favorites.