“Outstanding! Tremendous value and quite a surprise...”

Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #36 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 1 May 2013

I picked this property because it is near the airport, and I have Diamond status with HHonors. To say I was surprised is an understatement. I had just travelled 24 hours from Europe to reach Albuquerque, so I was tired and ready for a shower and good bed. I was greeted by a staff that I can only say was on par with any 5-star hotel I have stayed, and surpassed a number of them. The staff did not disappoint or go down in caliber the next day, so my compliments to the management of this property for how they train and having an environment that keeps employees in this service oriented mindset.
The menu of the restaurant is quite nice, not at all they typical “grab-and-go” of most Garden Inn’s. I arrived back at the hotel just a few minutes before 10pm on my second night, the restaurant’s closing time is 10pm. The chef had already closed the grills and cleaned up, but came out to see me and said he would be happy to open back up, I was the guest. WOW! I didn’t want to ask him to do this, but the menu was quite nice and the other guests reported the food as being quite good.
Here is how I rate a hotel…. Would I take my wife and kids for a few days and enjoy the stay. My answer is a resounding yes for this property. I don’t know about the pool, which may or not be family friendly, but for a nice hotel, great staff, good location, seemingly good restaurant, this is a great choice!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque Airport

Reviewed 15 April 2013

Clean, well-kept property. Employees were friendly and helpful.

My weekend rate of $85 was appropriate since it included breakfast. If purchased separately, not sure a $12 breakfast would have been. I noticed a hungry family went to McDonald's and brought their fast food back to the main lobby to eat. The chef showed polite restraint to the snub.

Only misses were the A/C unit that had two settings - either off or turboblast, and no foam pillows. The firm mattress was appreciated, but it wasn't enough to offset the flimsy pillows.

Close to the airport, but no off-site restaurants in walking distance.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2013

This hotel is right next to the airport, very clean rooms, very pleasant staff and affordable. Please be aware that the breakfast is not included but if you do eat breakfast in the lounge area it will be around 12-13 dollars but is a good breakfast. I had the veggie omelette and pancakes and it was delicious. If you are looking for a slightly cheaper breakfast a Village Inn is right across the street. The lobby of the hotel is very inviting, the king bed was amazing and the bathroom was spotless! This is a very important feature for me. The hotel is close to the freeway (I25) and UNM.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Nice hotel (like most HGI properties). The restaurant isn't the typical Great American Grill - it actually has some regional selections. The bartender/waiter was knowledgeable about the food selections, and made good recommendations. Nice selection of local beers, too.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We chose to stay at this hotel at the last minute as we liked the location and the rates. We were very happy to find that our choice was an excellent one as this hotel is stylish, clean, convenient, and staffed by very helpful knowledgeable, pleasant people.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I was passing through and booked through Expedia. When I got there they didn't have my reservation so I called Expedia and had mistakenly made the reservation for the wrong date. It wasn't the Hilton's fault (it was mine) so they gave me the # to Expedia. Basically, I sat in their lobby (which is very nice they have free tea/coffee) for 2 hours waiting for the Hilton to get the re-confirmation. My point is, if you make any mistakes booking through a 3rd party, you may be sitting around for many hours before getting into a room. The staff did comp my breakfast the next day for my troubles which was nice.

The rooms are very clean and nice and it is a safe area. However, they double charge you for the room and then explain that the charge will be credited back to your credit card that day. Well, I waited a month and there was still no credit. I think it would be very easy to not check your credit card statement and you will end up being charged double- CHECK YOUR CREDIT CARD STATEMENT TO MAKE SURE THERE IS A CREDIT. I had to call 2xs before it was resolved.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Cathy M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I am happy to hear your stay was good. However, I apologize for the billing concern you addressed. I am happy to personally review your billing issue to ensure any credits due will be expidited. Since we are not able to determine which reservation is attached to this review, I ask that you contact me (Cathy Martinez) directly at 505-765-1000 and I will be happy to review your billing concern.

Once again my apologies for any issues you did address.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

We live in Denver and stop in Albuquerque for a night at least once or twice a year. We usually stay near the airport because it's close to my cousin's house and have stayed at at least 4 other hotels in the immediate area. This one is a keeper. The property is well-maintained and the hotel staff is friendly without being overwhelming.

Since we are Hilton Honors members, we receive the restaurant free breakfast. If we had to pay for it, one of the other hotels near the airport might be a better value.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple