“We always come back here!”

Residence Inn Albuquerque North
Ranked #63 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 25 September 2013

This is the fourth year we've stayed at this hotel. Sometimes its for a week, other times for just a few days. Its a wonderful place, always spotless. The complimentary breakfast is plentiful and great. Several times during the week they offer a light supper at 6 pm, plenty to take care of your dinner needs. The staff here is exceptional. Rooms are spacious and quiet. Location is excellent with easy access to I-25. Great casino (Sandia) just 5 miles up the road.) There are also planty of restaurants within walking distance in case you don't want to take advantage of the full kitchen in your room. (Who wants to cook while on vacation!)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 September 2013

I know it will seem a bit off-key to talk about nearby restaurants in a hotel review but that is actually a major sttrength for this Mariott property. Residence Inn rooms are always large and have a full kitchen but sometimes you don't feel like cooking. There are a half dozen places to eat within an easy walk and a dozen more if you are ambitous. The staff was helpful, although often missing from the front desk. Local newspaper along with USA Today much appreciated. Did not try the free manager's reception food given the other choices.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 July 2013

Quick list of good stuff:

1. Excellent and convenient location for car travel with family
2. Quiet rooms, in-wall air conditioning instead of window units
3. Good, clean outdoor pool (a little small but not too small)
4. Good breakfast with lots of options including fresh cut fruit and whole fruit
5. Extraordinary customer service which I will detail below

Only one item in my "not so great stuff" list: The pull out bed is very uncomfortable, and when I asked about a rollaway the front desk clerk said our room was too small. Our 9 year old daughter can sleep just about anywhere, but she could feel the springs and woke up "feeling bruisy" (in her words). So we got 6 extra blankets, folded them up under her and she slept perfectly on night #2. (this was the reason for the 4 stars instead of 5 - they really should allow rollaways in this situation, IMO.)

Now for the extraordinary! There are two ways in which the staff went out of their way to be helpful to us. First, the management allowed us to extend our stay at the reduced rate we had booked through their website. They didn't have to use that rate at all for our unexpected second night, but they simply said yes when I asked, and that was that! We had to extend because we had car troubles on our drive to ABQ, and we needed to go to a dealership to get it fixed because it was a recall issue. I spent 7 hours at the local dealership getting it resolved. Coming back to friendly hotel staff who smiled and asked how it went was a pleasant plus!

Second, my daughter and I forgot to get our jackets out of the room coat closet when we left. (we didn't need them - heat wave - silly us!) We realized that we had left them behind about 2 hours after we departed. My jacket has significant sentimental value to me and I was anxious to get it back. When I called the hotel to inquire about the jackets, the front desk staff member (Kyle I think?) went out of his way to check with the housekeeping department. They went to the room and found the jackets right away. This was done in a matter of a few short minutes, and they suggested they look while I stayed on the line. There was no "we'll call you back if we find them" or anything like that. And then they very happily sent both jackets via express mail to our next long-term hotel destination with all of the necessary markings to make sure the next hotel would accept them.

So, I thank the staff of the Residence Inn ABQ North for their kind service! Due to that, as well as the quality of the room and the hotel as a whole, I will certainly stay at this hotel again the next time we come through ABQ.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I had booked this on Groupon but it turned out to be a great place. We had a one bedroom suite on the 3rd floor. It had a kitchen 2 TV's whats not too like? The breakfast was great and best of all the staff were superb!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LegalEagle0907
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I regularly stay in Marriott Hotels. I particularly like their Residence Inn brand because it is more like a small comfortable apartment than a conventional room with a bed vying to be the center of attention. The location of this Residence Inn in North Albuquerque felt safe, with a well-lit parking lot, and was convenient to taking care of business. It is also only 45 minutes from Santa Fe, a straight shot up I-25. This property was CLEAN, well appointed with a nice fully equipped kitchen, living room, desk, bedroom and bathroom. The warm and inviting Marriott brand colors were comfortable and anything but sterile or outdated. The bed and pillows were comfortable and the bed linens were 100% cotton which I greatly appreciate since I have sensitivities to synthetic materials. There was no awful masking perfume in the room and I was able to sleep comfortably. YES, there is also an excellent complimentary breakfast offered in the morning hours with hot foods and quality choices [good coffee too]. Thank you, Marriott for keeping your standards high and always providing value for expenditure. Much appreciated.

Room Tip: It is safer to stay in North ABQ and is far enough from the freeway so that you do not hear any traf...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank WorldSprinter18
Reviewed 6 May 2013

My husband is a pilot and I traveled 8 years with him staying at this level of hotels all over the country. This is not an impressive hotel because it is a luxury hotel, but because it was all around perfect. The people were friendly and the place was very clean. I can usually find SOMETHING missed by cleaning thanks to my 20/20 vision and there was nothing. Arrive, stay and get what you paid for. (that sounds simple, but frankly doesn't happen much even in the **** and ***** hotels)

The breakfast was great. They did not have an array of fruit, probably because it wasn't in season, but they had fruit (bananas, apples, cantaloupe and blueberries). They had a little of everything and even my husband commented that it had more than the usual places with this type of included breakfast. Absolutely worth it.

I particularly liked the staff. I didn't have any specific run ins, but I just felt very happy to be here.

The reason we picked this hotel was because we had to bring our dog and they were pet friendly. I usually like upscale and boutique but I highly recommend this hotel because it was in a good central location, off the freeway, near downtown, on the way to Santa Fe and everything we did while we were there.

I hope the employees read these reviews. You are all doing a great job. Very very very nice hotel. Thank you!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2013

We stayed 4 nights at the Albuquerque North Residence Inn for a family visit. I stay in Marriott properties approximately 100 nights a year.
PROS
Location- excellent location in North Alb, convenient for our road trips to Santa Fe and points north
Restaurants close by to either walk (PF Changs, Twin Peaks, Fox and Hound Grill) or a short drive to others.
Staff - very friendly and willing to help with directions, etc
Clean Rooms
CONS
Breakfast - sub par- I do not expect a full breakfast, but there was little attempt to provide something hot and fresh fruit. In all the Residence Inns that I stay in annually, this one needs the most improvement.
Room- the size was okay, but smaller than most Residence Inns, likely due to it being a little older.

Overall, you will still enjoy this facility and the access to the northern areas of the interstate. It was quiet and clean.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank makua