“Best bet out of the city”

Residence Inn Albuquerque North
Ranked #62 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 9 March 2014

This is a good 15 minutes from the airport-which was fine with us. Many restaurants are nearby so you're not stranded. The price is lower than the airport location and that was a factor. Also, it's 2 minutes from Cracker Barrel restaurant-which is a favorite of ours. The hotel sits back from the main highway which is helpful noise-wise. Upon check-in we met Kyle at the front desk. I reminded him I requested a quiet room (as it is usually ignored), but I didn't need to. He had 2 rooms already picked out and recommended one-that we choose. He then made certain our stay later that week got the same price (the computer raised it about $15 when I reserved) and put us down for that same room. He also called the room to make certain we were satisfied. I'm not used to such superior customer service-he should be an example to others. We went to evening social hour where a delightful hostess assisted us with what ever we needed. That night nice quality cheese and crackers, dips, veggies and fruits were available. Throw in a bowl of soup and it could have been dinner. .. The only disappointment was breakfast. Tired, tough scrambled eggs, sad looking meat and fruit with a weird taste needs to be improved. I've been at other Residence Inns and they do much better.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BSmith068

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I am a Marriot member, one of the reasons is because of their rooms and service. We stayed at this hotel as part of a family trip. We stayed in the two bedroom suite because there are six of us. The location is amazing! The room is nice and big, free wifi and the breakfast was great. I misread the the time breakfast started and we showed up a little early. The staff was very nice and helped me get breakfast for my little ones. When the chef was done cooking his hot breakfast he made sure to let me know. He even said thanks for waiting. As usual, marriot does a great job. It might be more expensive than other brands, but there is a reason.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Alan G
LeAunaW, Manager at Residence Inn Albuquerque North, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about the Residence Inn North Albuquerque New Mexico.

We are so appreciative of your kind words, and we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We value each and every guest and take pride in providing great customer service. Thank you for choosing Marriott hotels when you travel and we look forward to your next visit.

Regards,

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Perfect location off I25 with multiple restaurant choices in very close proximity, some in same parking lot. Staff excellent and rooms clean. Great breakfast buffet. First time stay at a Residence Inn and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Will definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Priscilla J
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Stayed for 1 night with 2 rooms. Great hotel value and friendly staff. There was a little road noise but nothing bad. Good location to have dinner at Pappadeaux. Rooms were clean and bathrooms fresh. Breakfast was good with a nice selection of items. Would stay at this location again on next trip west.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Barangabill
LeAunaW, Manager at Residence Inn Albuquerque North, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Residence Inn Albuquerque North. And thank you for choosing Marriott when you travel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. It was a pleasue to have you. We look forward to your next visit to ABQ.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

This Residence Inn is fairly new, easy access, and a well trained staff. They accommodated all of my room requests, recognized my elite status and went out of the way to move my room location when I did not like the traffic noise. The internet speed of 8 mgs download and 5 mgs up is among the fastest in any hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 2y2r2onot2
LeAunaW, Manager at Residence Inn Albuquerque North, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Residence Inn Albuquerque North! We look forward to having you back in the future.

Assistant General Manager.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

The hotel is fine...a typical Residence Inn and it is run well. The one thing that needs work is the breakfast...from two aspects. There were a few people there on the weekend we stayed, but several tables were dirty or had dishes remaining. Normally I wouldn't care, but the lady who was tending to breakfast was not engaged and therefore should have been hustling to get tables done. She was talking loudly with a male friend in the kitchen. Too loud. What otherwise would have been a quiet breakfast was marred, but having to listen to loud Vietnamese. She had time to talk incessantly, but no time to tend to breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank dcseny

Thank you for taking the time to write a reviwe about the Residence Inn Albuquerque North. I apologize that your experience at our hotel was not as plesant as it should have been. I have addressed the issues with our staff and we have made great improvements! I hope that when your travels bring you back to Albuquerque New Mexico you will choose to stay with us.

Regards,

Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I have Marriott Platinum status and stay often at full-service properties, but am fond of the larger rooms at Residence Inn properties, This is a very nice property. I liked the quick and convenient access to I-25. I had a nice, quiet and spacious room (301) and encountered no issues. The front desk staff was very friendly and made some helpful local restaurant and attraction recommendations. There are numerous low to high end restaurants in the immediate area (several within walking distance). I noticed 2 nearby sports bars and a brew house. Travel back to the ABQ airport was also relatively fast and convenient. I will definitely stay here again when I return to Albuquerque.

Room Tip: I liked room 301. It is a ways from the elevator, but right near the stairs. Also, no one walking...