“Will not stay here again”

Residence Inn Albuquerque North
Ranked #62 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I stayed for several days as a result of business trip. I usually stay at the Marriot Pyramid nearby. Service was terrible and hotel hallways smelled like a bad Indian restaurant. The first hotel room they gave me was occupied. The second hotel room they gave me reeked of smoke that only became worse the longer the the a/c ran. Third room was fine, but no appreciation shown of the fact that I had to change rooms three times because of their issues. Workout "room" is pathetic. One very old and salt stained treadmill and very old stair stepper. Room would get very hot even at 5:30 am when I worked out. When I mentioned this to staff to see if they could address it, staff response was that it usually gets hot this time of year. How hard is it to fix a known problem with a small a/c unit?? Apparently, it is too hard for this hotel. While this is minor, no recognition for Gold Elite members, including a warm welcome. I won't stay here again unless forced to do so by my company.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
LeAunaW, General Manager at Residence Inn Albuquerque North, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Residence Inn Albuquerque North. I’m disappointed to hear about your unpleasant stay with us. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I have addressed the issues with our Front Desk and Maintenance staff and we will make improvements! We know you have a choice when you travel and I hope that when your travels bring you back to Albuquerque New Mexico you will contact me directly and choose to stay with us once again. If there's anything I can do for you please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

Regards,

Tammy

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Really loved this Residence Inn, everything was as advertised. Full Kitchen with all needed utensils! The room is nice and big - I had a king Studio which contained a table & chairs, Couch which I guess can fold out into a bed and a big screen TV which swivels in any direction you want it to , free wifi. I requested a top Floor -- no view but you could ask for a room overlooking the pool. Bed was very comfy. Didn't do breakfast. Really also liked that the lamps all had extra electircal plugins -- sadly missing in other hotels I have stayed at recently.

Room Tip: Read on Room 77 that the studios are the same Sq Footage as the 1 bedrooms. Ask for a top floor ove...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I was looking for accommodations that were quiet, clean and comfortable and I got exactly what I was looking for! The location is not far from any of the attractions in Albuquerque. There is plenty of parking and several restaurants very close by. The mattress was super comfy! The shower had great water pressure. The only minor thing that I disliked was the shower curtain (which smelled slightly moldy) I would definitely stay here again and would recommend.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and I was assigned 3rd floor far away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank cher-real16
LeAunaW, Manager at Residence Inn Albuquerque North, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Residence Inn North Albuquerque New Mexico. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I appreciate you bringing the shower curtain to my attention, and I will make sure it's taken care of. We hope that you will choose to stay with us on your next visit to Albuquerque!

Reviewed 9 March 2014

This is a good 15 minutes from the airport-which was fine with us. Many restaurants are nearby so you're not stranded. The price is lower than the airport location and that was a factor. Also, it's 2 minutes from Cracker Barrel restaurant-which is a favorite of ours. The hotel sits back from the main highway which is helpful noise-wise. Upon check-in we met Kyle at the front desk. I reminded him I requested a quiet room (as it is usually ignored), but I didn't need to. He had 2 rooms already picked out and recommended one-that we choose. He then made certain our stay later that week got the same price (the computer raised it about $15 when I reserved) and put us down for that same room. He also called the room to make certain we were satisfied. I'm not used to such superior customer service-he should be an example to others. We went to evening social hour where a delightful hostess assisted us with what ever we needed. That night nice quality cheese and crackers, dips, veggies and fruits were available. Throw in a bowl of soup and it could have been dinner. .. The only disappointment was breakfast. Tired, tough scrambled eggs, sad looking meat and fruit with a weird taste needs to be improved. I've been at other Residence Inns and they do much better.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BSmith068
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I am a Marriot member, one of the reasons is because of their rooms and service. We stayed at this hotel as part of a family trip. We stayed in the two bedroom suite because there are six of us. The location is amazing! The room is nice and big, free wifi and the breakfast was great. I misread the the time breakfast started and we showed up a little early. The staff was very nice and helped me get breakfast for my little ones. When the chef was done cooking his hot breakfast he made sure to let me know. He even said thanks for waiting. As usual, marriot does a great job. It might be more expensive than other brands, but there is a reason.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Alan G
LeAunaW, Manager at Residence Inn Albuquerque North, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about the Residence Inn North Albuquerque New Mexico.

We are so appreciative of your kind words, and we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We value each and every guest and take pride in providing great customer service. Thank you for choosing Marriott hotels when you travel and we look forward to your next visit.

Regards,

Le'Auna Williams

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Perfect location off I25 with multiple restaurant choices in very close proximity, some in same parking lot. Staff excellent and rooms clean. Great breakfast buffet. First time stay at a Residence Inn and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Will definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Priscilla J
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Stayed for 1 night with 2 rooms. Great hotel value and friendly staff. There was a little road noise but nothing bad. Good location to have dinner at Pappadeaux. Rooms were clean and bathrooms fresh. Breakfast was good with a nice selection of items. Would stay at this location again on next trip west.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Barangabill
LeAunaW, Manager at Residence Inn Albuquerque North, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Residence Inn Albuquerque North. And thank you for choosing Marriott when you travel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. It was a pleasue to have you. We look forward to your next visit to ABQ.