“Oldie but Goodie”

Crowne Plaza Albuquerque
Ranked #63 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Since there were no rental cars available in ABQ, I was marooned here for a couple of days & had to take cabs to appts. Not a bad place to be marooned since there are THREE restaurants on the property, & I ate at all 3.
Pillows were bad, but rooms have been updated and decor & bedding is fine. Huge pool & spa which I had all to myself - it was exhilarating to have a pool of that size and no one else using it!
Although the hotel is old, it felt comfy and clean, and sort of grand in and ole New Mexico sort of way. Recommend for business travel especially, although your kids would LOVE the pool!

Room Tip: Breakfast in the StoneGrill? Is excellent!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Jessikah S, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear Tampa_FLBizTraveler,

Thank you so much for your in-depth review of our property. I am pleased that you enjoyed all that the Crowne Plaza Albuquerque has to offer. Our goal is make any type of travel relaxing and enjoyable. We hope to see you back in the near future!

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Stayed at he Crowne Plaza with the fam for one night and enjoyed our stay very much. We had purchased a Groupon so the price was more than reasonable. My kids (11 & 12) really enjoyed the pool and the hot tub was nice also! The room was clean and a decent size. There was even a little balcony that you could walkout onto. That was pretty cool. Check-in was fast and the front desk staff accommodated our requests to be placed in a room as high up as possible. The hotel is also conveniently located, basically at the intersection of I-40 and I-25. Overall, I found our stay to be very enjoyable with no snags or issues.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Jessikah S, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Dear JBroskowski,

I would like to sincerely thank you for your in-depth review of our property. A positive review is the greatest compliment we can receive. I am glad that you enjoyed your balcony on an upper floor and that your children enjoyed the pool. We hope to see you and your family back at Crowne Plaza Albuquerque next time you are in town.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

I stayed here on business for three days in July. When I arrived, I was very pleased to be greeted by Kayla at the Front Desk. I asked for a quiet room. She provided me with a King room by the pool. At first, I was a little hesitant, thinking that the pool would be noisy. Far from it! It was a wonderful room. It was quiet and I slept very well. It was also nice to be able to open the patio door in the evenings to get some fresh air.

The hotel restaurant was very nice. I ate breakfast twice there. The service was great! I had a server, a young East Indian girl who was very pleasant. I also appreciated the service at the bar, Justin was really nice in getting my order from the hotel kitchen.

This property is in a good location. There is a Circle K convenient store nearby, as well as a Village Inn restaurant (I ate dinner here a couple of times too.) Additionally, this location is right off the expressway, so it's really convenient to get to other places in the city. It's also close to hospitals.

I look forward to staying here again on my next trip to Albuquerque.

Room Tip: Rooms by the pool, on the second floor are great.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Jessikah S, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Dear Tygar,

Thank you so much for your kind review of The Crowne Plaza Albuquerque. We really appreciate the individual kudos you have given to various staff members as they will be rewarded. We look forward to your return and please let me know if there is that I can do to make your next stay even better than your last.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

We had booked well in advance and through our rewards status got a good rate and a room on the top floor. While the room was quite acceptable the bathroom was on the small side and a little dated. As we had been staying mainly in HIE properties on our extensive road trip we expected the room to be of a higher standard or similar owing to the Crowne Plaza brand ranking however it was not. The rest of the hotel surrounds were very good and the check in staff in particular were very helpful. Breakfast service and quality was only just average at best and again the HIE option of serving yourself is far quicker and easier.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Dear Robert H,

Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. We are very appreciative that you felt our staff was helpful. I am sorry that the condition of the breakfast service and bathroom did not meet your expectations. Your feedback has been valuable and will assist us in providing you and our future guests a better experience. If your travel brings you to the area in the future, we hope you give us another chance.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 5 August 2013

This hotel was nice, clean rooms, friendly staff. Does have restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner, otherwise it was easily accessible to go somewhere else. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that many activities such as weddings are scheduled there and it was hard to find a parking space although I was a paying guest of the hotel. They do offer valet parking. The room was very nice but could have better pillows.

Dear Nem-Boricua,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to review The Crowne Plaza Albuquerque. I am glad you enjoyed our convenient location and our dining options. I apologize that the pillows did not meet your standards. Your feedback has been valuable and will assist us in providing you and our future guests a better experience.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

This hotel was very good value. It is relatively spacious, clean, comfortable, well located, and has free Wifi. The only strange aspect is that it has only one elevator for twelve stories worth of rooms, so be prepared to wait. The bathroom also didn't have a fan, and gets steamed up pretty quickly. Plenty of plugs and desk space if you have work to do.

Room Tip: Our ninth floor room had a nice view.

Dear RealLilyBart,

Thank you so much for reviewing the Crowne Plaza Albuquerque. I am so happy that you enjoyed your time with us. I apologize that you had long wait times with our elevator. We actually do have an additional elevator located in the building and I apologize that you were not directed to it. We hope to see you next time you travel to Albuquerque as we would love to have you back.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

This past Saturday July 27th, me and my kids checked into the Crowne Plaza of Albuquerque. The front desk was nice and the hotel itself was nice. Everything was fine until around 12:45am. I was awaken by two males screaming in the hall. My two year old daughter also woke up screaming and afraid. My five year old son was also crying mommy call the police. I called 911 for police. I could hear security and the men fighting outside of my room and a woman crying and screaming. I was sure someone died in the hotel that night. Police also showed up so I did not sleep all night. I later saw channel 13 KRQE cover the fight and learned it was also on youtube. You can see the entire fight if you youtube search hotel hallway fight at crowne plaza. I will never stay at another Crowne Plaza. A $120 bill for this type of environment.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Martha H
Jessikah S, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Dear Martha H.,

I would like to thank you for your review of our property. We take great measures at the Crowne Plaza Albuquerque to create a safe and welcoming environment for our guests. Our security staff are trained to respond and resolve many situations that may arise. Unfortunately, we are not always able to control or prevent the disruptive actions of other patrons of the hotel, and I sincerely apologize that you and your family had to witness this incident. It is truly unfortunate for all parties involved, our guests and the hotel alike, when disturbances such as this cause such a disruption and a loss of a sense of safety. Our number one priority is the safety and comfort of our guests.

Please feel free to contact myself directly if there is anything else I can do. We would love to have you as a return guest at the Crowne Plaza Albuquerque, and provide you with a more positive experience which we are much more accustomed to doing."