“You can do better...”

TownePlace Suites Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #44 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 5 June 2014

First, the positives, the location is great (assuming ABQ is in your near future), the shuttle service is very convenient, you are in close proximity to a couple of halfway decent restaurants (Applebees and Fudruckers). The negatives? Frankly, there are lots of good properties, including the Hilton Garden, HI Express, and Residence Inn that offer the same-and more-in the same price range.

The hotel is not bad, but there is nothing outstanding to make me come back. The breakfast was disappointing, the "suite" was really just a larger room with range/refrigerator crammed in, and even the in-room coffee was generic at best.

Unless the other hotels in the area are full, keep shopping. You can do better....

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
GMFairfieldTownePlc, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Dan A,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel - TownePlace Suites ABQ Airport. We appreciate the feedback and will use this information to assure we are offering competitive value and the utmost in amenities. We are very glad you enjoyed our complimentary shuttle service to/from the Albuquerque Sunport - we have many guests that speak highly of the value that adds to their own experience.
I'm sorry that you did not enjoy the complimentary continental breakfast. We do feel that our offering of varied cereals, pastries, juices, tea, coffee, yogurt, freshly made oatmeal, hard boiled eggs and an assortment of fresh fruit cover a variety of tastes and diets. We will take a look at what we are currently serving and see if there are any improvements we can make to enhance our guests dietary needs. Thank you again for that feedback.
While you do have a variety of hotels in the airport area to choose from - and I believe all the hotels do a great job of being competitvely priced and offering complimentary services; we feel the one thing we do offer is a staff that is dedicated to your overall comfort. We receive many compliments regarding their ability to go above and beyond to assist our guests daily. I hope that you will give us another chance in the near future to share this hospitality with you. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is pretty decent for a short stay, the hallways smell a little musty, but the rooms were clean and weren't terrible. The location was super convenient to the airport, the Air Force base and pretty much every place I needed to be, so that was great.

I stayed for 3 days in a 2 bedroom suite, got a great deal on the room, so can't complain about that. My two biggest beefs with the room are that the bed was uncomfortable to me, I had 3 very lousy nights of sleep with a lot of tossing and turning. My buddy with me in the next room didn't have the same problem as I did, so that could just be my problem. I actually found the couch to be more comfortable than the bed.

Another problem I had was that the air conditioner vent was like stuck in my room, so it wasn't letting in full AC, so my room got a little warm, whereas the living area and my buddies room got like a fridge in there!

The staff was friendly and the kitchen was good.. like i said, it wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either. However, i'd recommend it if you get the room for a good deal, but if you have to pay full price, you may want to get someplace else.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
GMFairfieldTownePlc, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Double Olncognito:
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott. My apologies that we did not exceed all of your expectations as we strive daily to provide clean and comfortable accommodations.
I am happy to hear that you did feel as if you received a value for the price of our 2 bedroom suites; they are very spacious and most enjoy the fully equipped kitchen.
I hope that you will give us another opportunity to win your loyalty and future patronage if you are returning to the Albuquerque area. Please feel free to contact me directly if you need reservations and thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed here as the midway point in driving to California. My wife was flying into Albuquerque to meet us to drive back with us. This was a great location as it was a half-mile, straight down one street, from the airport terminal. Unfortunately, they did not have an upgrade available that night for Marriott rewards members but no big deal. The room was nice and clean but the pull-out bed was not at all comfortable. (Is any pull-out bed comfortable?) The breakfast was typical of most hotels, some hot items, some cold items, fruit, cereal, waffles and so on. Overall, very good hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Logan C;
Thank you for staying at our hotel - TownePlace Suites Airport. I appreciate the time you gave in reviewing our hotel - your comments will help us in our efforts to exceed our guests' expectations for every stay! I'm glad that our close proximity to the Albuquerque Sunport was convenient for you and your family - sounds like it assisted in making your drive successful!
It sounds like you may have been visiting during a busy time for the hotel and we were unable to provide a complimentary upgrade - my apologies. I hope the next time you are traveling through Albuquerque you will contact me directly so that I can assist with your reservations and secure you that upgrade! Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to the next time.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We just stayed one night so we could catch an early flight from the airport. We had nice service. Good spread for breakfast. Clean rooms, The hotel is convenient to the airport and at a bargain price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Slm554,
I am glad to hear that our location to the Albuquerque Sunport was helpful to you and also that you feel we offer a good value. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I hope that we can look forward to providing clean, comfortable accommodations to you and your family in the future. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me for those future reservations.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Nice hotel in a good location, near the airport but not that far from downtown. A friend and I stayed in a two bedroom suite which was clean, comfortable and reasonably priced. When we asked for a frying pan at the front desk, they went out and bought one for us. All in all, this worked out perfectly for us.

Room Tip: The two bedroom suite isn't huge, but it doesn't feel cramped either, and there are two genu...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I love Marriott and usually stay at the Residence Inn. I stayed at the Towne PLace bec an organization made the reservation for my travel companion.. The Towne Place seems to be a poor cousin to Residence Inn. The hotel is old,the room/suite small and the lay out weird There are few amenities in the room like kleenex in the bedroom or even trash cans with only one under the sink and one in bathroom (no heat lamp there either).No ice bucket and if you want water to bush your teeth,only glasses from kitchen are available.There is no popcorn in the room. Also, no sharp knives,for those who might want to cook and eat something you need to chew..or want to open something!
Re:Breakfast..tables so close together in lobby. it's hard to move and selection is bare minimum.
The "pool",which looks nice on the website, is a postage stamp and the whirlpool tiny and both are very uninviting
I had some trouble getting connected to WiFi..For some reason the portal opens up better if you try to connect your browser to CNN.com.
The hotel is located in sort of an hotel park ,with several places to stay arranged in a horseshoe.The entrance to this area is Centre St..an easily missed roadway .(and make sure not to put CENTRAL in your car's GPS.
The room has no information about local eateries other than the drab Applebee's around the corner.,or options for delivery (and ,unlike Residence Inn,has no happy hour/dinner) and the TV channel info is incorrect,insofar as many of the channels are not available. Also,the area is VERY bright,so make sure to use the curtains at night..altho they don't close completely.Temp in bedroom was either freezing or humid.Oh and since Marriott is kind of known for its bedding,the pillows were gooshy or medium soft..OK for me but not for some.
I'm not sure why Marriott needs a suite hotel that is inferior to Residence Inn.
I don't know how price compares to other places in the area,but if ambience and little extras mean anything ,skip TownePlace. Not sure why some folks are "surprised" about the amenities,eg microwave,,it's a SUITE, Duh :-)

Room Tip: There is an entrance on the left side of the pool on the part of the hotel perpendicular to the entr...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Marsha W
GMFairfieldTownePlc, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Dear Marsha W,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on our hotel - TownePlace Suites by Marriott. I was greatly discouraged that you did not enjoy your stay at our all suite hotel. We strive daily to exceed our guests expectations and provide clean and comfortable accommodations at a competitive value. I would love the opportunity to discuss this with you further, you can reach me at the hotel (505-232-5800) or by email.
Tami J. Scott, GM

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Which I was. Clean, comfortable, way over-equipped for a single nite. Bring some microwave popcorn and a binder clip to keep the drapes from gaping and letting in the exterior floods! Good light breakfast, prompt fast airport shuttle, very friendly staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business