“great for families - our pros and cons”

TownePlace Suites Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #47 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Jessup, Maryland
“great for families - our pros and cons”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We stayed in a two bedroom suite for two nights

pros:
*Great location, right off the freeway
*friendly front desk staff
*nice sized breakfast area - not a vast variety of food but it was good enough
*nice outdoor pool although one of the doors wouldn't ever open with our key - we just used the other door
*clean stairwells and fast elevators
*LOVED having two bedrooms for my crew! Bedrooms are nice sized with big closets
*several washers and dryers for laundry
*big cabinet under the bathroom sink

cons:
*living room is on smaller side and when the pull out couch is pulled out, it is TIGHT - hard to walk around the bed
*toilet/shower area has its own door but that is a TINY room
*not a lot of outlets for charging devices in the living room area

Overall, we were super pleased with our experience here. Would stay in a TownePlace Suites again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank crayolabird
GMFairfieldTownePlc, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear crayolabird:
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel - the TownePlace Suites ABQ Airport. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our spacious 2 bedroom suite along with all the other complimentary amenities that we offer! This is a great spot for relocating and traveling families and we strive to provide a family friendly environment.
We look forward to your next stay and please do not hesitate to reach out to me for your next reservation.
Tami J. Scott - GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Arizona
Reviewed 10 July 2014

After seeing the good reviews on TA, we decided to stay here. The exterior is plain and upon entering, the lobby area is small and very nondescript. Standing in line to check in, I was beginning to have second thoughts. The check-in counter was busy, but only one person to help those in line. Upon opening the door to our room, I was pleasantly surprised. It was nice, big, and clean and even had a small kitchen stuck in the middle of the room - very cleverly designed. The desk area was big, with lots of cabinets and a large desk. So far, so good. Then I opened one of the cabinet doors - much to my shock and dismay, there lay a pair of someone's dirty underwear. I got the dustpan and disposed of them, but only after letting the front desk know. I also discovered a plastic sandwich bag of candy lying next to the nightstand by the bed. I threw it away. After those two glitches, I noticed a large swarm of bees hovering just outside my window, so I went outside to investigate. Turns out the bees were going inside the vent from the bathroom fan, which was located right above my window. I informed the front desk, but got the feeling nothing would be done. We got a good nights sleep and had a light breakfast the next morning - then hit the road for Santa Fe. We had checked in on the 4th of July, which fell on a Friday. On Sunday, while in Santa Fe, I discovered my brand new camera and case were missing. The only place I could think of leaving it was at the TownePlace, so I called and got the front desk. Nancy, the desk staff, informed me that no camera had been turned in. I was sick - but I asked her if she could send someone to the room to check. As luck would have it, no one had rented this room since we checked out two days earlier. Thirty minutes later, I called back and she told me they had found the camera - in the cabinet above the desk unit. I made the trip back to Albuquerque and was extremely grateful to retrieve my camera. But, this begs the question - why doesn't the housekeeping staff check the desk unit when someone checks out? Had they done so, they would have discovered the dirty underwear and would also have discovered my camera. Had someone rented this room after us, I fear my camera would be gone forever. Glitches aside, I found this place to be a very good bargain and would stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KTBlount
GMFairfieldTownePlc, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear KTBlount:
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel - TownePlace Suites by Marriott. My most sincere apologies for the issues you encountered. We hold our housekeeping to the highest standards and we were greatly disappointed that we fell below even our own expectations. I do see that the Manager on Duty did discount your room for our shortcomings - as appropriate. But that does not excuse us from assuring that your arrival was problem free - so again, my apologies.
We have reported the issue with the bee's to our pest control company and they have assured us the issue will be resolved. We appreciate the information and feedback. I hope that the next time you are in Albuquerque you will again choose our hotel - please do not hesistate to contact me directly for your reservations.
Alto, New Mexico
Reviewed 5 June 2014

First, the positives, the location is great (assuming ABQ is in your near future), the shuttle service is very convenient, you are in close proximity to a couple of halfway decent restaurants (Applebees and Fudruckers). The negatives? Frankly, there are lots of good properties, including the Hilton Garden, HI Express, and Residence Inn that offer the same-and more-in the same price range.

The hotel is not bad, but there is nothing outstanding to make me come back. The breakfast was disappointing, the "suite" was really just a larger room with range/refrigerator crammed in, and even the in-room coffee was generic at best.

Unless the other hotels in the area are full, keep shopping. You can do better....

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
GMFairfieldTownePlc, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Dan A,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel - TownePlace Suites ABQ Airport. We appreciate the feedback and will use this information to assure we are offering competitive value and the utmost in amenities. We are very glad you enjoyed our complimentary shuttle service to/from the Albuquerque Sunport - we have many guests that speak highly of the value that adds to their own experience.
I'm sorry that you did not enjoy the complimentary continental breakfast. We do feel that our offering of varied cereals, pastries, juices, tea, coffee, yogurt, freshly made oatmeal, hard boiled eggs and an assortment of fresh fruit cover a variety of tastes and diets. We will take a look at what we are currently serving and see if there are any improvements we can make to enhance our guests dietary needs. Thank you again for that feedback.
While you do have a variety of hotels in the airport area to choose from - and I believe all the hotels do a great job of being competitvely priced and offering complimentary services; we feel the one thing we do offer is a staff that is dedicated to your overall comfort. We receive many compliments regarding their ability to go above and beyond to assist our guests daily. I hope that you will give us another chance in the near future to share this hospitality with you. Thank you again for staying with us.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is pretty decent for a short stay, the hallways smell a little musty, but the rooms were clean and weren't terrible. The location was super convenient to the airport, the Air Force base and pretty much every place I needed to be, so that was great.

I stayed for 3 days in a 2 bedroom suite, got a great deal on the room, so can't complain about that. My two biggest beefs with the room are that the bed was uncomfortable to me, I had 3 very lousy nights of sleep with a lot of tossing and turning. My buddy with me in the next room didn't have the same problem as I did, so that could just be my problem. I actually found the couch to be more comfortable than the bed.

Another problem I had was that the air conditioner vent was like stuck in my room, so it wasn't letting in full AC, so my room got a little warm, whereas the living area and my buddies room got like a fridge in there!

The staff was friendly and the kitchen was good.. like i said, it wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either. However, i'd recommend it if you get the room for a good deal, but if you have to pay full price, you may want to get someplace else.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
GMFairfieldTownePlc, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Double Olncognito:
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott. My apologies that we did not exceed all of your expectations as we strive daily to provide clean and comfortable accommodations.
I am happy to hear that you did feel as if you received a value for the price of our 2 bedroom suites; they are very spacious and most enjoy the fully equipped kitchen.
I hope that you will give us another opportunity to win your loyalty and future patronage if you are returning to the Albuquerque area. Please feel free to contact me directly if you need reservations and thank you for staying with us.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed here as the midway point in driving to California. My wife was flying into Albuquerque to meet us to drive back with us. This was a great location as it was a half-mile, straight down one street, from the airport terminal. Unfortunately, they did not have an upgrade available that night for Marriott rewards members but no big deal. The room was nice and clean but the pull-out bed was not at all comfortable. (Is any pull-out bed comfortable?) The breakfast was typical of most hotels, some hot items, some cold items, fruit, cereal, waffles and so on. Overall, very good hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Logan C;
Thank you for staying at our hotel - TownePlace Suites Airport. I appreciate the time you gave in reviewing our hotel - your comments will help us in our efforts to exceed our guests' expectations for every stay! I'm glad that our close proximity to the Albuquerque Sunport was convenient for you and your family - sounds like it assisted in making your drive successful!
It sounds like you may have been visiting during a busy time for the hotel and we were unable to provide a complimentary upgrade - my apologies. I hope the next time you are traveling through Albuquerque you will contact me directly so that I can assist with your reservations and secure you that upgrade! Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to the next time.
Lewisville, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We just stayed one night so we could catch an early flight from the airport. We had nice service. Good spread for breakfast. Clean rooms, The hotel is convenient to the airport and at a bargain price.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Slm554,
I am glad to hear that our location to the Albuquerque Sunport was helpful to you and also that you feel we offer a good value. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and I hope that we can look forward to providing clean, comfortable accommodations to you and your family in the future. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me for those future reservations.

Lafayette, Colorado
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Nice hotel in a good location, near the airport but not that far from downtown. A friend and I stayed in a two bedroom suite which was clean, comfortable and reasonably priced. When we asked for a frying pan at the front desk, they went out and bought one for us. All in all, this worked out perfectly for us.

Room Tip: The two bedroom suite isn't huge, but it doesn't feel cramped either, and there are two genu...