“Cute, but seriously needs new food.”

Cliff's Amusement Park
Ranked #37 of 224 things to do in Albuquerque
More attraction details
Owner description: Cliff's Amusement Park is nestled in the heart of Albuquerque and provides fun for all ages with it's 23 rides and WaterMania! Enjoy a day of family fun full of laughs, thrills, and memories.
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

My family goes to many amusement parks. We arrived here at 10:00 am when they opened. Entry fee is very reasonable. They are cashless, so you need to go to a kiosk and purchase/load a card to use. If someone in your party doesn't want to ride the rides, they can get in for a cheaper fee. We basically had the park to ourselves until after noon when the crowds started coming in. The food. OH the food!!!!! It was worse than the food I remember in school!!!! The hamburgers tastes boiled, the fries were soggy, and the ice cream..... Who can mess up ice cream????? Apparently these people! We didn't finish our orders! We got dippin' dots afterwards. At least that's consistent across the board. The pizza looked undercooked judging by the family next to us. The funnel cake was nice n crispy though. You can pretty much walk in a big circle and hit all the rides. No hills really. Cute cross between the state fair and six flags. Just don't set your expectations high for fair food.

1  Thank Zombie_slayer
CliffsAmusementPark, Public Relations Manager at Cliff's Amusement Park, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback! We take pride in listening to our customers, so that we can continue to improve and provide the best service possible to our guests. We will look into the issues you encountered with the food in the park and make sure to address them. We appreciate your business and hope you will visit Cliff's again soon.

There are newer reviews for Cliff's Amusement Park

Reviewed 6 August 2014

My family and I have gone to Cliffs Amusement Park at least 10 times over the years. We have also been to local theme parks in other cities, as well. They have always been hit and miss according to quality. Cliffs is a jewel among these parks. There are plenty of thrill rides to keep the teens happy, a huge area with little kid rides (and a train that goes around the park that Mom loves!), and its own waterpark. The landscaping is very beautiful with a lot of big trees for shade and benches and tables for resting and picnicking. The park is kept clean by an army of teenagers constantly on patrol. The rides are always in excellent working condition. You don't have to worry about them like the state fair midways that are set up and taken down every couple of weeks! All of these rides are monitored by the park itself and by local safety standards.

One cautionary note: Like state fair midways, after dark is not the best time for families. Anyone who has been to the midway in the evening knows what I'm saying. Go during the day and have an amazing time. Then head to one of the close restaurants for dinner. We like Red Robin with their endless fries! We also like Olive Garden and Sweet Tomatoes Salad Buffet. Plus, there is a McDonald's just up San Mateo near I-25.

3  Thank Wanderer790
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The people in Albuquerque are so friendly. It was pretty warm being the end of July so we didn't have to wait long for any of the rides. Very fun place to be.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I took my kids to Cliff's and was pleasantly surprised by how much fun we ALL had. They have just enough kiddie rides for my youngest and plenty of big scary rides for my oldest (he's our thrill seeker). The park was really clean and had a really laid back and friendly atmosphere. The food was good and reasonably priced for an amusement park. We will definitely be back and will probably buy season passes next year. It's a great family amusement park and Albuquerque should be proud to have Cliff's right in it's own backyard!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

On a recent trip to this amusement park, we were treated nastily by the people at the front gate. I bring granola bars for my grandchildren to have at snack time. These are a healthy item, oh no, a healthy snack is not allowed at Cliffs. They are so greedy and money hungry that we were told we either had to throw them away/eat them right then and there or return them to our car. The food at Cliffs is high calorie, high sugar and fat items. The type of food that contributes to obesity in the USA. We had bought season passes for the grandchildren to have a fun time not to get fat on the food at Cliffs. Add into it that my youngest granddaughter has road the carousel many times yet today she is suddenly to short to ride it and only the big kids can ride. Are you joking me. REALLY

6  Thank Karen R