“UGLY and Disappointing” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #49 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Fountain Hills, AZ, United States
“UGLY and Disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

Worst hotel I ever stayed in. Old fashioned, congested rooms, lousy,m noisy A/C., unfriendly front desk. Hotel in a terrible area, no restaurants in area, poor parking, I am a faithful Hilton guy, but never again at this hole.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Inn_Keeper_NM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Journal Center, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Please accept my deepest apology for not enjoying your stay to the fullest. I regret missing the opportunity to earn a better score from you. It was always our intention to ensure your total satisfaction. During our routine courtesy call we got the impression that your stay was satisfactory and our deluxe suite was comfortable for you. My hotel is located adjacent to Cracker Barrel, across the street from Denny’s, and within a short driving distance to a variety of fine restaurants. Our hotel features complimentary high-speed internet by AT&T, 37” LCD televisions with high-definition channels, and evening managers reception with hot meals. These and other great features make our hotel an exceptional value for business and leisure travelers.

Thanks for being an Hhonors Silver member and we hope to win back your loyalty on your next visit to scenic Albuquerque.

Kind Regards,

Gabriel Ruiz
(505)998-4663 x401

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Monahans, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

Nice and big room,made for staying longer but I only stayed one night. Rooms are a little older but very clean. I like the safe location and no outside noise for the other rooms or outside. The morning free breakfast was crowded because the food was very good!!!! Will stay again next time in Albuquerque.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

This summer, our law firm had need for multiple reservations over several weeks. The entire staff at Homewood Suites went above and beyond to ensure all our needs were met. A special thank you to Heather who was always nearby when I needed anything. Service was gracious and accommodating at every level. The rooms were comfortable and clean, and the meal service was tasty and well presented. Our clients and their guests were very happy with their experience at the Journal Center Homewood Suites.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

We have used this hotel on mulitple occasions for the personalities brought in for conferences. The staff is great and our contact was very helpful with any changes I needed to make. They gave us a good rate and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
midland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

Nice hotel - the staff was very friendly, the complimentary breakfast and dinner was great especially after you get done working and you don't feel like going out. The eating area was very clean and the cook staff were very nice. The food was good, good variety each night. I will be staying here again at the end of the month and I look forward to it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

I have to disagree with Ray M.
I have stayed at this location about ten times in the last two years, and the staff has always been very helpful and friendly (Ana, Paty and at the front desk Heather). I like the fact that they provide hot breakfast and hot dinner. Being hispanic myself, I resent his comments. Overall this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

My daughter and I stayed there 3 nights this past weekend. It is excellent. Very clean, the staff is very accommodating. The breakfast was good, the ladies who serviced the breakfast area were great. Our room got cleaned each day we were there. Any request we had, they accommodated. I will definitely stay there again. And I will search for other Homewood Suites when I have to travel to other locations. Additionally, I will recommend this brand to everybody I know. This is the first hotel I have EVER stayed in that I didn't hear hall noise.

Room Tip: right off the interstate but very close to shopping, restaurants, etc.