“Nice Property, Good Price”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Journal Center
Ranked #56 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights three weeks ago (June 2014).

Price: Excellent, especially with all the inclusions (please, read on).

Location: Good - freeway close and nowhere in Albuquerque is more than 15 minutes away by car.

Room: Excellent - full kitchen, comfortable bed, lots of cable TV channels, shower water pressure and temperature great.

Noise: Low - only in hallways, really.

Wi-fi: Good - free and decent speed.

Ice machine: Excellent.

Hot tub/pool: Okay - could have used a cleaning, but not terrible.

Breakfast: Excellent - free with hot food, assorted beverages, many other options.

Parking: Excellent - free and no problem to find a spot, even after "normal" hours.

Food/drink: Meh - Cracker Barrel is next door, plan to drive anywhere else.

Recommendations/Tips: If you stay Mon-Thu, hotel has a manager's reception with free food and drink. Stoneface Tavern (on San Pedro) has an excellent beer list and good bar food.

Overall: Very good - I'd happily return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Inn_Keeper_NM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Journal Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Diva E,

It is such a delight to know that you are already planning to return to our property in your next trip. It means that we did a great job taking care of your lodging needs during your visit. Your insightful review helps us know what made your stay comfortable and satisfying. These details will guide us in delivering the same pleasant accommodations on your return and to our future guests.

We value your business and feedback. We are certainly looking forward on your next stay.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed for 9 days while the house we were going to move into was remodeled. The place was clean and quiet, and the food at breakfast and dinner was surprisingly good! The staff was friendly and helpful. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to out of town travelers!

Room Tip: Request a room on the east side of the hotel-- very quiet and away from the parking lot.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Inn_Keeper_NM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Journal Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear mrsbigiron,

Thank you for your confidence in our property when you needed a second home to stay. Your feedback inspires us to continuously provide great stays to our valued guests. Please advise us of your next stay and we will strive to provide you the same pleasant accommodations that you’ve enjoyed. Again, thank you.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed June 22, 2014, during the night had roaches periodically crawl across our arms, face and head, needless to say we got very little sleep. We had a business meeting from 7:30 to 4:30, so we didn't have enough time to gather our things and check out. We ask that the bedding be changed and the room thoroughly cleaned and sprayed. I asked the manager if we could have a discounted rate and she said no but could offer us a gift card. I said ok and was offered Starbucks or Chilis, I took a Chilis card and rushed to my meeting. Later I looked at the amount on the gift card, and it was for $10. I felt insulted. A night of little sleep and bugs crawling on us was compensated with only $10. A sad compensation to show customer appreciation.

Room Tip: Bottom floor, corner room had roaches
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank traveler4894

Dear traveler4894,

It is extremely disheartening to hear about this experience that you faced during your recent stay. We are evaluating the details of what exactly took place. Please know that this is taken very seriously and will be addressed accordingly. Feel free to contact us if we can be of any help in the future. Thank you.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

If you travel with family Monday- Thursday this place is wonderful! Included was breakfast every morning 7 days a week and Mon-Thursday a dinner. I have a family of 5 so great deal for the rate. The pull out couch is not that great to sleep on and the beds are not the best but overall great family place!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Inn_Keeper_NM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Journal Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Bryan G,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. Special moments with families creating wonderful memories are events that our hotel would love to be part of. We are happy that our great value breakfast was more than enough to fulfill your needs during your stay. Rest assured that we will look for more ways to improve our accommodations- more comfortable beds and couches that will provide a more pleasant stay for you and our future guests. It was a pleasure serving you and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My room was not ready at 3PM which is when they say you can check in. It was a minor inconvience for me and I was able to take my bag to the room. The room was a nice size, quiet and very comfortable. Plenty of towels, and amenities. Love having the kitchen and although there is not a full stove like a Residence Inn it certainly sufficed for my needs, full size Fridge including all the plates and silverware, and a dishwasher although, again unlike the Residence Inn, they do not provide dish soap or stuff for the dishwasher. Maybe they want to do it themselves. The coffeepot cord is also too short to reach the outlet so you have to put the coffeepot on the burner stove, although they did say they would provide an extension cord on my next stay. The hallways where the elevators and vending/ice machines are hot. The only other problem I noticed was that the cable box is sort of inside a cabinet so if you want to swivel it to the either the coach or the bed you sort of have to pull out the cable box so taht the remote can read the box. I always like a high floor -- sort of close to the elevator but not right next door Room #315 met my needs well. East side away from the freeway and 2 doors away from the elevator.

Room Tip: Room #315 was good for me -- top floor, 2 doors away from the elevator - East side, no traffic noise
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Inn_Keeper_NM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Journal Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear redbird87505,

We sincerely appreciate that you took time to share the details of your stay with us. It was great to know that you liked the amenities and facilities in our hotel. We are also happy to know that our accommodations were comfortable and sufficed your needs.

We would like to take this time to apologize for the delay in check-in. Our staff will be reminded to ensure that rooms should be ready when guests arrive. Your input will surely help us grow and improve in delivering the best services to our valued guests. We hope that you’ll consider staying with us gain on your trip.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We have just returned from a nightmare of a trip at the Albuquerque Homewood suites. We called this Homewood Suites in advance of our stay to ask to reserve a Pack-and-Play for our 5 month old daughter. The person we spoke to told us that she will put our request in the notes on the room. We figured all will be well. We were wrong. The manager, Gabriel Ruiz, dropped off a Pack-and-Play still in its bag and did not offer to set it up for us. I thought this was strange since every other hotel I have stayed at with my child set up the crib for us. The Pack-and-Play turned out to be broken - one of its sides was collapsed and would not stay up. Obviously, our child could not sleep in it. I called the manager and let him know of the problem. He told me that there was no other crib available and that he "is very sorry". I expressed my disappointment and bafflement at the situation, since we called in advance to reserve the crib. He told me that there was no note of our having asked for the crib in advance. We are responsible parents and always call in advance. Either our request did not get recorded or the manager was not telling the truth. Either case reflects poorly on this establishment!

I kept asking the manager to help us - perhaps to call a nearby hotel (a Garden Hilton) and borrow their crib, use a corporate card to purchase a new pack-and-play (since the one they had was BROKEN!), anything. To every option I suggested I heard the manager say "I am very sorry, but there is nothing I can do". He mumbled something about a gift card for our inconvenience. Are you kidding me? Where was our child supposed to sleep? This was not a minor inconvenience, but a major issue! I don't need a gift card, I need a working crib that I reserved over the phone. As I sobbed in the lobby, there was nothing this manager could do.

So, my husband drove at 9pm to a nearby Target to PURCHASE a crib that this hotel could not and would not provide even though we called days ahead to reserve it. We are beyond disappointed with our stay at this Homewood suites. Believe me, the word 'hospitality' is lost on Gabriel Ruiz. Do yourself a favor, take your business elsewhere. There are at least 5 other hotels on the same block!

We were here for a wedding and our room was payed for by the bride. When she found out about our ordeal, she raised a big fuss. Apparently, the hotel offered to reimburse us for the crib that we bought, but we declined. We do not need their money. They had a chance to make this right when the issue arose and did not do so! Suddenly, at check-out and faced with a very angry woman who was threatening not to settle the bill, they wanted to be pleasant and throw us a bone. No, Thank You! We needed a crib the night we checked in, not $85 for our troubles at checkout. Please stay away from this hotel and the most inhospitable manager I have ever met, Gabriel Ruiz.

2  Thank Natalia510
Inn_Keeper_NM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Journal Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear Natalia510,

First of all, we would like to you to know that we were deeply saddened with the experience you had during your recent stay. Our guest’s satisfaction is our primary goal and we do every possible way to ensure our customers are comfortable and well- attended.

Secondly, we would like to make a clarification regarding your feedback to our manager, Gabriel Ruiz. We had a thorough evaluation of what happened during your stay. Gabriel was not on duty when you have checked-in. You were assisted by our Front desk staff when you arrived late Friday night and management was not on duty. There must have been a misunderstanding regarding that.

Chris- our Front desk attendant assisted you when you checked in that night and as for safety reasons, employees were not allowed to enter an occupied room. We have double checked your reservation record and there was no record of your request for a crib. You mentioned that you made sure that you’ve included that in your reservation and it will be helpful if we will have the name of the person you’ve spoken with to further help us in investigating the details.

Our staff would like to make you comfortable and worry-free during your stay. They offered you gift cards and apologized for the unlikely situation. This inconvenience will be the least thing we want to happen during your stay.

Lastly, we sincerely hope that we may be given another chance to regain your confidence in our property. We will strive even more to deliver better services to our dear customers. Feel free to contact us in the future if we can be of any assistance.

Thank you very much for your business.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Great service, great breakfast, very nice hotel! Our room was large, quiet and very comfortable. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. Easy access to Wi-Fi with plenty of work space. We will stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Inn_Keeper_NM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Journal Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Jenifer F,

We strive to provide the best services to every customer who visits our hotel and we sincerely thank you for acknowledging our efforts to make you feel comfortable and satisfied during your stay. It is good to know that our staff were efficient; rooms were spacious and clean and that you liked our easy wi-fi-access.

Your comments inspire us staff and team to continuously provide great customer service to our valued guests. It has been a pleasure serving you and we are looking forward to your next stay.