“Wish I could have stayed all week”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Journal Center
Ranked #52 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Boston, Massachusetts
“Wish I could have stayed all week”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Only stayed one night here, on my way in to the state from the airport. Great room. Great breakfast. Beautiful exercise area overlooking indoor pool. Friendly staff. It's the type of place where you could stay long-term comfortably.

One complaint keeps this from a five. Around three a.m., a loud noise. Jumped out of bed. Thought I was being robbed. Did some investigating to find out that the front piece of the vanity near the bed had become unglued and fallen loudly to the floor. Told the manager the next morning.

As I was leaving, for my next stop, I grabbed a bottle of water from the little store and got out money to pay for it. Manager waved his hand and told me no charge, gave me a big smile and wished me well. What a nice guy. I think his name was Tom. what a great way to start my visit to New Mexico. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank writer262runner
Inn_Keeper_NM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Journal Center, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for choosing our property for your lodging needs during your business trip. We are glad that your stay in our room was comfortable and your mornings were great with our fresh variety of breakfast and had the chance to try our exercise room.

We are sorry to disrupt your sleep with the vanity incident. Please be assured that this is being handled by our maintenance staff to avoid this from happening in the future. Overall, you mentioned that you had a wonderful experience even wishing you should have extended your stay. It has been our pleasure serving you and hope that you’ll have a much better stay on your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Wilmington, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed one night here on the return of a trip. I usually stay in Hiltons (unless there are none). This one was super. Quick and easy check-in (early too). Very clean room, I really liked the white bedding. The room was spotless. The dining area (for free breakfast and dinner) was clean and had a very nice variety of food. The food tasted good as well, compared to another Hilton I stayed in a few days beforehand. Pool was small but fine (if you like pools).
I like that this hotel is only 3 stories..we use the stairs most of the time..I'm not big on high-rises where you have to wait for the elevator for a long time.
10 miles to the airport, so convenient. Right near highway so easy access to everything. Close to Sandia Mountains for a little side trip to do a little hiking and also close to Old Town for gifts. During our stay in July, they were doing major roadwork in front and closed the road at 10pm-6am, so you might need to consider that if you are flying in/out or check to see when the work is completed (we stayed July 2014). Checkout is late..12:00, and super easy...just leave the keys and go. I enjoyed my stay there and wish I stayed there at the beginning of the trip as well (since that stay was longer).

Room Tip: Our room faced the back and it was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Inn_Keeper_NM, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Journal Center, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments and review regarding our high standards of cleanliness and hospitality. I am glad that we were able to meet your expectations of service and accommodations and we're all looking forward to your next visit!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel on our way back from El Paso. The evening desk staff was friendly and promptly got us registered. My kids were happy when they saw the indoor pool, it was clean and well lighted and need a room key access. Enjoyed the new bedding and pillows were very comfy. Closet space was very small however. There was no noise at night because our room was facing the back field (last hotel was very noisy). Also we had a good breakfast in the morning with variety of food. Overall a good place for weary travelers.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the accommodations and service to be satisfactory. We are very happy to discover that you had such a pleasant experience and it is so rewarding to hear that we were able to provide you a comfortable and convenient time with us. We are looking forward to see you again.
Florence, United States
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The hotel was great, it was quiet, clean and the staff very friendly. We slept well. The breakfast was ok. Be warned about how much extra they charge you in the end because it doesn't match the final bill.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Inn_Keeper_NM, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Journal Center, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you so much for your compliments, rating, and review of our high housekeeping and hospitality standards. Thank you so much for your compliments, rating, and review of our high housekeeping and hospitality standards. We look forward to seeing you again!
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Cockroaches in indoor pool. Dirty, stained chair in suite. Dirty carpet. I stepped on something sharp. Cockroaches in room (dead & alive). Hole in floor/wall. Rusty tub. Moved directly across the parking lot to The Garden Inn. We used the rolling cart to move our stuff and when we returned the cart they threatened to call the cops because we used their cart to move out stuff.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Sharon S
I regret to discover that you weren't thoroughly impressed with us during your most recent stay. I am so disappointed to hear that you were so dissatisfied with our accommodations and services and that our rating for your experience is so low. I assure you that each issue mentioned is being investigated and addressed and we thank you for taking the time to point out the areas where we can improve upon the guest experience. Thank you so much for bringing this matter to our attention.
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights three weeks ago (June 2014).

Price: Excellent, especially with all the inclusions (please, read on).

Location: Good - freeway close and nowhere in Albuquerque is more than 15 minutes away by car.

Room: Excellent - full kitchen, comfortable bed, lots of cable TV channels, shower water pressure and temperature great.

Noise: Low - only in hallways, really.

Wi-fi: Good - free and decent speed.

Ice machine: Excellent.

Hot tub/pool: Okay - could have used a cleaning, but not terrible.

Breakfast: Excellent - free with hot food, assorted beverages, many other options.

Parking: Excellent - free and no problem to find a spot, even after "normal" hours.

Food/drink: Meh - Cracker Barrel is next door, plan to drive anywhere else.

Recommendations/Tips: If you stay Mon-Thu, hotel has a manager's reception with free food and drink. Stoneface Tavern (on San Pedro) has an excellent beer list and good bar food.

Overall: Very good - I'd happily return.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Inn_Keeper_NM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Journal Center, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Diva E,

It is such a delight to know that you are already planning to return to our property in your next trip. It means that we did a great job taking care of your lodging needs during your visit. Your insightful review helps us know what made your stay comfortable and satisfying. These details will guide us in delivering the same pleasant accommodations on your return and to our future guests.

We value your business and feedback. We are certainly looking forward on your next stay.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed for 9 days while the house we were going to move into was remodeled. The place was clean and quiet, and the food at breakfast and dinner was surprisingly good! The staff was friendly and helpful. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to out of town travelers!

Room Tip: Request a room on the east side of the hotel-- very quiet and away from the parking lot.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Inn_Keeper_NM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Journal Center, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear mrsbigiron,

Thank you for your confidence in our property when you needed a second home to stay. Your feedback inspires us to continuously provide great stays to our valued guests. Please advise us of your next stay and we will strive to provide you the same pleasant accommodations that you’ve enjoyed. Again, thank you.