Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Journal Center
Ranked #52 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Valley Village, United States
“Very Good”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Our family recommended this hotel. The kitchen aspect is wonderful! Location, staff, great breakfast, beds are all wonderful. Good value. Cooling system is loud. We enjoyed our stay. Loved the popcorn!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Inn_Keeper_NM, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Journal Center, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you have rated our hospitality and accommodations so highly! We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We love staying at Homewood Suites Journal center. They have clean rooms and we are always treated great by the staff.. It's the only place we really enjoy staying while we are visiting Albuquerque! !

• Stayed August 2014
Inn_Keeper_NM, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Journal Center, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
It is wonderful to hear this glowing review. We are so glad we were able to provide you with such a memorable experience and that our entire staff treated you exceptionally as you deserve. We look forward to seeing you back very soon.
corona, United States
Reviewed 2 August 2014

would stay here again if I am traveling through Albuquequie again, nice rooms, quite and very comfortable, if you are going to stay here you have to go to the Frontier restraint to try there green chile stew, the best, enjoy your trip,

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Inn_Keeper_NM, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Journal Center, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and that most of our amenities lived up to your expectations. It is heartwarming to hear of how our efforts to impress you with our hospitality, comfort and
convenience have been successful. We greatly appreciate the time you've taken to rate our hotel and we look forward to your next
visit.
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights with the family. Check in was quick and effortless. The room itself was very spacious. It was a little warm when we first arrived, but the AC cooled it down quickly. The hotel Wi-Fi was fast enough to do my work on.

The complementary breakfast was several notches above what I usually get.

The only complaint I would have is that the elevator is not air conditioned and is rather warm and stuffy. Oh, also, there is a lot of construction work happening on I-25... not noisy, but sometimes they are closing the underpass getting into / out of the hotel area, adding a few minutes to the drive.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
We are so glad to hear from you and to learn that we were able to give you a pleasant, comfortable and convenient experience. We seek to give each guest a very comfortable and accommodating experience and we are thrilled to hear of our success in this ambition. It is heartwarming to hear of how our efforts to give you a great experience, filled with hospitality, comfort and convenience have been successful. On behalf of our entire staff, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Only stayed one night here, on my way in to the state from the airport. Great room. Great breakfast. Beautiful exercise area overlooking indoor pool. Friendly staff. It's the type of place where you could stay long-term comfortably.

One complaint keeps this from a five. Around three a.m., a loud noise. Jumped out of bed. Thought I was being robbed. Did some investigating to find out that the front piece of the vanity near the bed had become unglued and fallen loudly to the floor. Told the manager the next morning.

As I was leaving, for my next stop, I grabbed a bottle of water from the little store and got out money to pay for it. Manager waved his hand and told me no charge, gave me a big smile and wished me well. What a nice guy. I think his name was Tom. what a great way to start my visit to New Mexico. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank writer262runner
Inn_Keeper_NM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Journal Center, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for choosing our property for your lodging needs during your business trip. We are glad that your stay in our room was comfortable and your mornings were great with our fresh variety of breakfast and had the chance to try our exercise room.

We are sorry to disrupt your sleep with the vanity incident. Please be assured that this is being handled by our maintenance staff to avoid this from happening in the future. Overall, you mentioned that you had a wonderful experience even wishing you should have extended your stay. It has been our pleasure serving you and hope that you’ll have a much better stay on your next visit.
Wilmington, Massachusetts
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed one night here on the return of a trip. I usually stay in Hiltons (unless there are none). This one was super. Quick and easy check-in (early too). Very clean room, I really liked the white bedding. The room was spotless. The dining area (for free breakfast and dinner) was clean and had a very nice variety of food. The food tasted good as well, compared to another Hilton I stayed in a few days beforehand. Pool was small but fine (if you like pools).
I like that this hotel is only 3 stories..we use the stairs most of the time..I'm not big on high-rises where you have to wait for the elevator for a long time.
10 miles to the airport, so convenient. Right near highway so easy access to everything. Close to Sandia Mountains for a little side trip to do a little hiking and also close to Old Town for gifts. During our stay in July, they were doing major roadwork in front and closed the road at 10pm-6am, so you might need to consider that if you are flying in/out or check to see when the work is completed (we stayed July 2014). Checkout is late..12:00, and super easy...just leave the keys and go. I enjoyed my stay there and wish I stayed there at the beginning of the trip as well (since that stay was longer).

Room Tip: Our room faced the back and it was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Inn_Keeper_NM, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Journal Center, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments and review regarding our high standards of cleanliness and hospitality. I am glad that we were able to meet your expectations of service and accommodations and we're all looking forward to your next visit!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel on our way back from El Paso. The evening desk staff was friendly and promptly got us registered. My kids were happy when they saw the indoor pool, it was clean and well lighted and need a room key access. Enjoyed the new bedding and pillows were very comfy. Closet space was very small however. There was no noise at night because our room was facing the back field (last hotel was very noisy). Also we had a good breakfast in the morning with variety of food. Overall a good place for weary travelers.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the accommodations and service to be satisfactory. We are very happy to discover that you had such a pleasant experience and it is so rewarding to hear that we were able to provide you a comfortable and convenient time with us. We are looking forward to see you again.