“Business Hotel North of The Downtown” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque / Journal Center

Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque / Journal Center
Ranked #40 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Henderson, Nevada
“Business Hotel North of The Downtown”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

This is a 4-story boutique type hotel on the northern stretch of I-25 with good access for Santa Fe, the casino and the Sandia Tramway. It's also a nearby location for the Balloon Festival and events in the northern part of the town. I found some downsides, though - the time on the room clock can only be changed by referring to the manual. Housekeeping pulls the plug every day to vacuum, so the time is always wrong. The four days I was there, nobody could correct the time. Also, the hotel sits just east of the freeway. Open the window and you'll hear the traffic noise. I was a little concerned about the available parking spaces because i returned late several nights and seemed to get the last spot. But there's a restaurant next door, so I guess you can park there, too. The hotel has a gazebo entry to the left of which is a small restaurant area open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Also by this area you'll find a daily happy hour with free coffee and cookies. Wine is available for an additional cost. The business center has a couple of computers, printer, and fax. If you get hungry at night there's a 24-hour restaurant across the road or else a snack pantry by the front desk. My room was clean with a small fridge and microwave. The best shopping in the area is one freeway exit north and to the east. If you're in for taking a 20-minute drive through the streets, you'll find a newer lifestyle mall at Indian School and Louisiana, back toward the southern part of the city. I think business people will enjoy this hotel more than the weekend visitor. But the price seems competitive with what is offered by the nearby smaller chains and the advance purchase rate might be cheaper.

Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Michelle M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque / Journal Center, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel, and for your very through review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our location ideal.
I will be sure to share your comments with my Housekeeping Department regarding the clocks. We certainly do not want to inconvenience anyone by having the wrong time displayed!
I hope you will return should your travels bring you back this way.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Colorado Springs, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

Hotel staff was extremely inflexible when a co-worker reserved the wrong Hilton Garden Inn. The hotel staff would not transfer his reservation (which was paid for by HHonors points) to the right hotel. I thought they should have treated a HHonors member better than they did

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Michelle M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque / Journal Center, responded to this review, 23 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. We certainly do apologize for the confusion with your co-workers reservation. We do hope you will return to our hotel should your travels bring you back this way.
Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights for business. Received an upgraded room due to my Diamond status. Resturant had great food. Only complaints was finding hairs in the shower and on towels from previous users and they did not have the fit kits for guest available. Room was very nice.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Michelle M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque / Journal Center, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that overall your stay was enjoyable.

We certainly do apologize regarding your linen issue. Please know that this was brought to the Housekeeping Department's attention.

Regarding the Stay Fit Kits... we do have these available at the Hotel. Our friendly Front Desk Staff is happy to provide these upon your request.

We look forward to having you as our return guest in the near future!
Coon Rapids, MN, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

This is a nice hotel, conveniently located off the interstate. Even though it's close to the highway, noise wasn't an issue. The hotel is clean, comfortable and friendly. For business travelers, the wi-fi is actually reasonbly fast. Restaurant and bar on site, so you don't need to leave but if you do, Denny's and Cracker Barrel are within 100 yards and endless other possibilities within a 2 mile radius.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Michelle M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque / Journal Center, responded to this review, 26 April 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found our location to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the not too distant future.
COTTONWOOD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

This Garden Inn Hilton Hotel is the cleanest place that we have seen in awhile & the amenities & staff couldn't treat anyone better. When we come through again we know the place that we will stay for the evening. Than You for making our stay SPECIAL in many ways than one.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank CottonwoodMom
Michelle M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque / Journal Center, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
I am very happy to read the comments about your recent stay and glad that you found our staff and the amenities of our hotel to your satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you again soon....safe travels.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

not greeting s the guest upon check in. And when I call for wake up call there is nobody answering the phoen for almost 4 times that I called. And no apology respond to this problem. I like the hotel overall and the restaurant staff are very helpful. THe fitness center air condition need to be fixed it was warm while you do your workout.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Michelle M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque / Journal Center, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback.

We certainly do apologize for the inconvenience you were caused, by not having your phone call answered. I assure you this issue has been addressed with our Front Desk Staff, so that this does not happen again. In addition, we have our Maintenance Staff looking into the Fitness Center heating/cooling system to be sure it is working properly.

We look forward to having the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future, so that we may "WOW" you!
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2013

The hubby and I spent a night here in late March between long days on the road. It was conveniently located near the interstate and there are plenty of places to eat within a three or four mile radius.

With me, hotel rooms often get down to the bathrooms. If necessary, I could easily sleep in my car, but, my car doesn't have any facilities. First, the toilet paper is quite a reach from the toilet so someone with short arms and poor balance might not want to stay here. More annoying,the toilet seat was starting to un-attach. There was a piece of plastic between the seat and the lid that had fallen apart so that the seat wobbled left and right. Even more annoying, the toilet and seat really needed a good cleaning. You could see more of the black ring near the top that you'd want to. Yes, I know a lot of toilets have that black stuff, but I try to pretend it isn't there and not look to hard for it. On this one, I couldn't miss it. The room should have been inspected by a housekeeping supervisor before offering it to guests.

We are Hilton Honors members and one of the reasons we stay at Garden Inns is because there is a free full sit-down breakfast for us. However, all of the yogurt options were artificially sweetened. Some of us don't want to eat aspartame. Also, the french toast was inedible.. I've had much better at Village Inn. Well, actually, I like Village Inn. My husband, who is less fussy than I am, had no complaints. As long as there's plenty of meat on his plate, he's happy.

I gave this property a 4 because it is in Albuquerque and that's how it compares to other hotels in Albuquerque. If I were comparing it to other Hilton Garden Inns, I would have given it a 3. The location was handy for us, but I will probably stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Michelle M, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque / Journal Center, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay with us.
I appreciate you mentioning your concerns with the Guest Bathroom. Please feel free to contact the Hotel directly, so that we may get your name and the room number you stayed in. We'd then be happy to address these concerns, as we were not made aware of them during your stay.
I do hope you will consider staying with us during your next trip to Albuquerque!