This is a 4-story boutique type hotel on the northern stretch of I-25 with good access for Santa Fe, the casino and the Sandia Tramway. It's also a nearby location for the Balloon Festival and events in the northern part of the town. I found some downsides, though - the time on the room clock can only be changed by referring to the manual. Housekeeping pulls the plug every day to vacuum, so the time is always wrong. The four days I was there, nobody could correct the time. Also, the hotel sits just east of the freeway. Open the window and you'll hear the traffic noise. I was a little concerned about the available parking spaces because i returned late several nights and seemed to get the last spot. But there's a restaurant next door, so I guess you can park there, too. The hotel has a gazebo entry to the left of which is a small restaurant area open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Also by this area you'll find a daily happy hour with free coffee and cookies. Wine is available for an additional cost. The business center has a couple of computers, printer, and fax. If you get hungry at night there's a 24-hour restaurant across the road or else a snack pantry by the front desk. My room was clean with a small fridge and microwave. The best shopping in the area is one freeway exit north and to the east. If you're in for taking a 20-minute drive through the streets, you'll find a newer lifestyle mall at Indian School and Louisiana, back toward the southern part of the city. I think business people will enjoy this hotel more than the weekend visitor. But the price seems competitive with what is offered by the nearby smaller chains and the advance purchase rate might be cheaper.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque/Journal Center hotel is located in the north end of Albuquerque, New Mexico and adjacent to the Albuquerque Journal Center Business District. This Albuquerque, NM hotel is north of downtown and only 15 minutes from the airport and the city of Rio Rancho, New Mexico and other things to do in Albuquerque. Available meeting facilities along with free business services make this a great place for your next meeting, reunion or getaway. Whether you're with family or on business, we want to help you start your day off right with a delicious cooked-to-order breakfast served in The Garden Grille & Bar(R). Enjoy dinner in The Garden Grille & Bar(R) or if you prefer, order room service. After a long day, enjoy an evening drink in our Lobby Lounge. We also offer complimentary WiFi internet access, and friendly, helpful service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Expedia so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque / Journal Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Albuquerque / Journal Hotel Albuquerque
- Hilton Albuquerque
- Albuquerque Hilton Garden Inn