“Cozy Restaurant”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
“Cozy Restaurant”
Reviewed 10 April 2013

This restaurant has been in Albuquerque over 40 years ... 40 years of great food and great service. The prime rib is the special dish at Paul's ... See you there ..eat in the bar by the fire place.

• Visited April 2013

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“An old favorite”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

First went there in 1976. I worked with Paul's wife. The food is very good and the prices are OK. This is one of Albuquerque's oldest dinner establishments.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank GJRHYNES
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Still Excellent After 40 Years or More”
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Stepping into Paul's is like stepping back in time to the 70s or even the 60s. It's dark inside with wood paneling and black leatherette chairs and booths--it's obviously been remodeled but they kept the original decor, or the original 60s roadhouse 'feel'. This place is locally famous for great steaks and especially prime rib. We ate here on a recent weekend evening with out of town friends and were pleased to discover that Paul's is a good as ever. Not only were the prime rib and filets excellent, the service at Paul's is always top-notch. Our friends are from Omaha and know their way around a steak, and they were very impressed with Paul's. There are plenty of other choices on the menu -- lobster, salmon, fried chicken (we overheard people raving about the lobster) but I can only attest personally to the great steaks and prime rib. I highly recommend Paul's. Reservations are a good idea, especially on weekends.

• Visited April 2013
BOSQUE
“Best in Albuquerque”
Reviewed 8 March 2013

This is by the far the best restaurant in Albuquerque. Food and service is excellent! Some of the waitresses have been there for more than 40 years. Favorite, favorite place!

Visited August 2012
Taos, New Mexico
“Old school charm”
Reviewed 14 January 2013

My husband and I ate here for lunch. I had been with my parents as a child, and this was my husband's first time. It is a dimly lit, cozy place. Booths and comfy lounge chairs for seating. The hostess was super sweet and welcoming. Our waitress was nice, and we were never without. I got a salad and hubby ordered the mushroom app, both were tasty. We both got the prime rib, which was as amazing as I remember it being. Hubby ordered and Manhattan, and had another because they were made so well. It was such a great experience. We were treated well, and had a delicious meal. My husband will not shut up about our visit! He can't wait to go back.

Visited January 2013