“SLOW” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ragin' Shrimp
Ranked #685 of 1,779 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Nob Hill
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“SLOW”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

Slowest service on the world. Never even offered me water. Save your time and get faster service elsewhere.

• Visited March 2013

Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“Patio was nice, service was slow”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

Went to Ragin Shrimp for dinner with my husband on a friday night. Overall the experience was average. The food was ok, but nothing to brag about. I had the shrimp in Cajun Rue. It was ok, but not what i expected. We sat on the patio which was nice because they had live music. The service was good but very slow. I would go back if one of my friends requested it but I wouldn't go back otherwise.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Albuquerque
“Fresh Lunch Salad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013 via mobile

I ordered the salad with chicken topped with the house vinaigrette. I liked the fresh tomatoes, freshly grated cheese and dressing. Part of the chicken was a bit tough but I liked the flavor it had so I ate it. Our table bread was fresh and came with ample spreadable butter. We also ordered a rue to dunk the bread. We ordered the bread pudding and the sauce was amazing with a light buttery rum taste, the top 3/4 of the bread pudding was delicious and the bottom 1/4 was hard. Our server, Patrick, was working hard, since we came in for an early lunch he focused much time toward us. The place was packed when we left, our server was literally running. The other floor staff were very attentive to us.

“Poor service self tipped”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013 via mobile

My family and I love going to ragin shrimp. Tonight we had inlaws in town and decided to go eat there. It was by far the worst experience there. Probably top 5 worse of all experiences. Laura was our waitress and did not have it together. Bread sauce showed up just before our second bowl of bread was almost gone. Meals were given to the wrong persons, not warm, and not given at the same time. Drinks were empty, unless the other wait staff filled them for us. And to finish it all off she charged us a undeserved 18% tip. Gratuity is normally 10-15% but is explained with delivery of the ticket. We normally tip 20-25% but she was unworthy of a 10% tip. Nero close, we all were unpleased with her and her lack of waitressing skills, her lack of tentative skills, and the fact she tipped herself so undeservingly!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Albuquerque
“The food was 'meh' the service was terrible.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

We sat for nearly 35 minutes at our table before we were served. They were busy, but we weren't even greeted despite drinks or food on the table after we sat down until we asked for help. We got our food and - being from East Texas - it disappointed us terribly. It was bland. It was certainly not 'Cajun' that I would identify as 'Cajun'. Had my husband and I not traded dishes, I wouldn't have been able to finish my food. Meh. Yuck. I won't go back.

Visited December 2012