“Great Shoes, Nice Shirt, No Service?” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ragin' Shrimp
Ranked #759 of 1,777 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Nob Hill
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great Shoes, Nice Shirt, No Service?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

On a recent Wednesday night we stopped in to try Ragin' Shrimp. We're relatively new to town, it's in our neighborhood and as former Chesapeake Bay area folk, we miss good shrimp. So, in we pop. "Sorry, we stop seating at 8 O'Clock in the winter." was our greeting.

Now, the fact that it was just before 8 (7:55 by my phone, once we got back to our car and belted in) suggests we still should have been seated, but as a rule I don't push it when I'm not wanted. I can understand not seating us at ten after, quarter after, etc, but refusing to seat us before the hour is pretty bad - especially since there were a few tables worth of folks in the restaurant eating. Another Deuce would have simply fattened the house's and the server's pockets and probably earned them a new, long term customer. Having worked in the restaurant business and owned my own businesses, I can't imagine turning away customers prior to closing or even within a reasonable period after, frankly.

So we went down the street, had some very tasty Korean and are highly unlikely to ever try Ragin' Shrimp again. Too many good options in Nob Hill, or the rest of Albuquerque for that matter, to beg for service. So, one star for lousy service, three for a fairly nice atmosphere, and nothing for the food or value, since we weren't allowed to judge.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Joe L

Misawa, Japan
“Expected more after the buildup”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

We went to Ragin' Shrimp after it had been suggested more than once by someone else in the party. The food and service were not bad, just not worth a return trip. Among the group, we had a pretty good variety of orders, but I have a feeling that if I'd sampled anyone else's dinner, it would have tasted pretty much like mine...it certainly all looked nearly identical. Different levels of heat aren't the same as different tastes. I tried to chalk up our server's forgetfulness up to the heat or her pregnancy, but no one else really stepped up either, and we only had the basic needs (drinks and food). I don't think I'll return.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“SLOW”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

Slowest service on the world. Never even offered me water. Save your time and get faster service elsewhere.

• Visited March 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“Patio was nice, service was slow”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

Went to Ragin Shrimp for dinner with my husband on a friday night. Overall the experience was average. The food was ok, but nothing to brag about. I had the shrimp in Cajun Rue. It was ok, but not what i expected. We sat on the patio which was nice because they had live music. The service was good but very slow. I would go back if one of my friends requested it but I wouldn't go back otherwise.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Albuquerque
“Fresh Lunch Salad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013 via mobile

I ordered the salad with chicken topped with the house vinaigrette. I liked the fresh tomatoes, freshly grated cheese and dressing. Part of the chicken was a bit tough but I liked the flavor it had so I ate it. Our table bread was fresh and came with ample spreadable butter. We also ordered a rue to dunk the bread. We ordered the bread pudding and the sauce was amazing with a light buttery rum taste, the top 3/4 of the bread pudding was delicious and the bottom 1/4 was hard. Our server, Patrick, was working hard, since we came in for an early lunch he focused much time toward us. The place was packed when we left, our server was literally running. The other floor staff were very attentive to us.