“Not the best in town -” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of India Kitchen Restaurant - CLOSED

India Kitchen Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Albuquerque
“Not the best in town –”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

Following Tripadvisor customer reviews, we and another couple went to India Kitchen with high expectations. My wife and I were largely disappointed. Our friends professed satisfaction. First, on the ambiance – there wasn’t much. The room is on the dingy side, neither well lit nor “romantic.” We began with samosas, which were fine, but when I tried to order an Indian beer, I was told that the restaurant’s supplier had stopped carrying them. So I settled for a Sapporo. The main courses were just so-so. I ordered a shrimp curry. The shrimp turned out to be small, overcooked and not especially flavorful. Over rice, the dish wasn’t anywhere near as good as what I make at home. My wife’s chicken masala was OK, but not even close to a couple of weeks ago’s Butter Chicken at Amber, in San Francisco by the Moscone Center. The Kulfi dessert – saffron and pistachio ice cream was also less than satisfying, grainy and none too creamy. For our next East Indian meal in Albuquerque, we’ll return to the Taj Mahal. It’s also not at the level of Amber, but we’ve enjoyed several family meals there. Its space is ample and pleasant and its food reliably delicious.

• Visited September 2013

New York
“Lamb curry is delicious!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

I almost gave out on Indian cuisine here in ABQ until a friend introduced me to this restaurant. I ordered lamb curry and it is delicious. The portion is appropriate, not too small nor huge. My friends have chicken vindaloo and they loved it even if it was spicy. I will definitely go back and try their vegetarian dishes. Service is good. I gave it only 3 stars as compared to other states but for ABQ standard I would say this is the best Indian restaurant!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Family run place; nice service ; ok taste”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

The service here is good as the owners seem to take care of the customers directly.
Food was ok quality. Not mind blowing Indian food. However, for Albuquerque this is a gem! As there are not many other options for Indian food in this area.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank snod73
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Nice lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Went there on Easter Sunday with girlfriends parents. Food was a bit different but plenty of choices. Water glasses were refilled constantly. Not a bad place. Dont remember the value since the tab was paid by someone else.

• Visited April 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“YUM”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2013

This is the best East Indian food around. We've been going here since it opened over 20 years ago. Haven't found any to compare here or out of town. Love the atmosphere- small, quiet and welcoming. Don't miss this one!

• Visited March 2013