“Gotta Eat Here”

Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West Old Town
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Best Mexican food we have ever had. It's like Grandma is in the kitchen cooking for you with love. Ingredients were fresh and the tortillas soft and yummy.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

My family and friends have eaten at Monica's for years. The food is delicious and the staff works hard to make each visit a pleasant experience. The sopapillas are outstanding - the best in Albuquerque! If you are in the Old Town area, don't miss this great dining experience.

My husband enjoys the carne adobada. The green chile always is a delight!

1  Thank JLC228
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We have gone to Monica's many times and it does not disappoint. While the interior is simple, it is perfect for the simple but delicious fare. We started the meal with warm chips and great salsa. My usual selection is the Carne Adovada, which is the best I have had. My wife and other family members enjoy the combination platters, some of which offer tamales or chile rellenos. No menu choice has disappointed. Most importantly the sopapillas are wonderful and two are served with many of the meals.

Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

Great food. I enjoyed my carne adobada chimichanga very much. Lunch on the patio was nice. No chips & salsa but 2 sopapillas more than made up for it.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

We kind of stumbled on Monica's the night we got into Albuquerque, based on TripAdvisor reviews. We were a little bit worried when we walked in, as there was not a single other diner in the place (we were early, but not THAT early). Our waitress was very pleasant, taking time to answer our menu questions and to go get answers from the kitchen for the one's she didn't know. We loved the food, and by the time we left, the place was packed with what appeared to be regulars, so I guess we just ate a lot earlier than the locals. Very, very good chili rellenos, and enchiladas. Reasonably priced.

1  Thank BeachBumsDallas