“Great Dining in Old Town”
Review of Church Street Cafe

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West Old Town
Reviewed 2 September 2014

The Church Street Cafe combines excellent New Mexican food with an outstanding atmosphere. I took friends who have never been to Albuquerque there for their first New Mexican meal and it was a great experience. The food was excellent and the prices moderate. I will return!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,337)

Reviewed 29 August 2014

While the hostess wasn't too keen on helping us find a seat, the waiter took over and from there it was top notch treatment. This cafe was recommended by virtually everyone we spoke to, and we weren't disappointed. Delicious food, our waiter providing tonnes of great info on the food, willing to accommodate us anyway needed. I'd definitely return if I was in the area again.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

This was my third trip to Albuquerque and my third visit to Church Street Café. I love this café. I fell in love with this eatery at first because of the great sopapillas (sp?) that just automatically come at the end of the meal. They are fabulous and deserve recognition! Each time I have gone back the food has gotten better and the staff are amazing! If you go when the weather is right ask to sit on the back patio. It is absolutely beautiful!

Reviewed 25 August 2014

I had the chicken enchiladas and my wife had taquitos and chicken and green chile soup. While the food was fine, I've had Mexican food that was just as good or better all over the country. It definitely wasn't the authentic experience I was hoping for. The service was adequate and friendly.

As a side note, don't expect too much from old town. We were there at 6:00 on a Friday night and half of the stores were closed. The other half didn't have much to offer. I'd find something else to do if I were you.

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

The place is easily overlooked, being on the other side of the church from the main courtyard of old town. However the food was fantastic, the service was fast and polite, and the restaurant itself had a really neat setup. The New Mexican theme of it was cute and fun.

Great place for a authentic New Mexican meal. (Which has to do with the red and green chilly which is also fantastic.)