“Go with the green!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Delicious,authentic New Mexican Food served by our unique team concept waiting style. Family owned since 1962. Come check us out in the Northeast Heights as well: WE HAVE ANOTHER LOCATION at 6051 Osuna Rd. NE Albuquerque, NM!!!
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Our first night in Albuquerque and we stopped in to Monroe's. The waitress was very helpful and pointed us in the right direction for our meals. The chips and salsa were excellent. My son raved about his quesadilla. I had a combo platter that was a ton of food - and tried both kinds of chile. The green is awesome!

Finally, we wrapped up with sopapillas. Overall, a great experience.

There are newer reviews for Monroe's Restaurant

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I went here for dinner with my husband and a coworker and we wanted to see the Miami Heat playoff game, the staff was most eager to accommodate and put the game on in the dining room and let us sit near the tv. The waiter was friendly and gave great tips about the food. The food was wonderful as well. I would definitely go back.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I try to stop at this restaurant every trip I make to ABQ. I have the relleanos which I think are second only to my own, and if I am not that hungry the enchiladas. The name is pretty much anglo, but they sure can make great Mexican food. I like to think I know something about Mexican food having lived in Tucson and still crossing over the border annually.

2  Thank robertocollins
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I had a New Mexican style breakfast that was full of flavor and not overly spicy...just enough kick. Very good and attentive service. Is it phenomenal, no...but there is absolutely something for everybody, here.

1  Thank yolyfe1215
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Last night of a national conference that happened to be in my father's hometown, so he recommended Monroe's to a group looking for a local dinner option. Our party included a vegetarian and another person who is gluten-intolerant, and the waiter was cheerfully helpful with the menu choices. The atmosphere is friendly and neighborly, nothing remotely pretentious but the food and service are absolutely top-notch. The sopapillas are to die for, and we all had flan too which was light, creamy and delicious.