“Drove by, stopped in” 4 of 5 bubbles

Monroe's Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 1,777 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Southwestern, Soups
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Delicious,authentic New Mexican Food served by our unique team concept waiting style. Family owned since 1962. Come check us out in the Northeast Heights as well: WE HAVE ANOTHER LOCATION at 6051 Osuna Rd. NE Albuquerque, NM!!!
Long Beach, California
“Drove by, stopped in”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Looked for a place to eat on the way to my hotel from the airport. The parking lot was full with locals, always a good sign. With fast and friendly service this place delivered as other reviews have so stated. The tamale was perfect with a combo green and red sauce (Christmas) on top. Accompanying guacamole completed the lite meal. Terrific!

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Korean first
Republic, Missouri
“Go with the green!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Our first night in Albuquerque and we stopped in to Monroe's. The waitress was very helpful and pointed us in the right direction for our meals. The chips and salsa were excellent. My son raved about his quesadilla. I had a combo platter that was a ton of food - and tried both kinds of chile. The green is awesome!

Finally, we wrapped up with sopapillas. Overall, a great experience.

Visited May 2014
Miami
“GREAT SERVICE AND ATMOSPHERE AND GOOD FOOD TOO!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I went here for dinner with my husband and a coworker and we wanted to see the Miami Heat playoff game, the staff was most eager to accommodate and put the game on in the dining room and let us sit near the tv. The waiter was friendly and gave great tips about the food. The food was wonderful as well. I would definitely go back.

Visited May 2014
Colorado
“Steady well made food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

I try to stop at this restaurant every trip I make to ABQ. I have the relleanos which I think are second only to my own, and if I am not that hungry the enchiladas. The name is pretty much anglo, but they sure can make great Mexican food. I like to think I know something about Mexican food having lived in Tucson and still crossing over the border annually.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank robertocollins
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Wonderful breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

I had a New Mexican style breakfast that was full of flavor and not overly spicy...just enough kick. Very good and attentive service. Is it phenomenal, no...but there is absolutely something for everybody, here.

Visited January 2014