“Great food”

Ranked #7 of 1,768 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Southwestern, Soups
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Delicious,authentic New Mexican Food served by our unique team concept waiting style. Family owned since 1962. Come check us out in the Northeast Heights as well: WE HAVE ANOTHER LOCATION at 6051 Osuna Rd. NE Albuquerque, NM!!!
Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Love the food here. Great carne adobada and enchilada s. I will definitely go here every time I go to Albuquerque.

• Visited May 2014

• Korean first
Austin, Texas
“Comfort food for the family”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Great option for a vacationing family. Good green chili based options but breakfast available all day as well. Agave wine margarita and good local beer selection helped ease the weariness from the road. Service was great - attentive, friendly a sign that the owners are good people to work for.

“Great New Mexican Food”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We went here based on the recommendation of the woman who operated the Sandia Tramway. She had lived in Albuquerque her whole life, and when I asked her where her favorite place for New Mexican food was, she said Monroe's without hesitation.

I'm definitely glad we listened! The restaurant (Lomas blvd one) is located near downtown, but in a low-key neighborhood area. The inside is simple and unassuming.

We were seated promptly, and service was great all meal. Our server was very nice, along with all the others nearby, as the whole "team", as they called themselves, were always available to help any table.

We were immediately served chips and salsa, and the salsa was probably the best I have had in Albuquerque. Our food came very quickly, and it was delicious! I had the Super Combination Platter, with one enchilada, one tamale, and one taco. I was able to ask for carne adovada for the enchilada, chicken for the taco, and then the tamale was their standard pork recipe. All were delicious, though the tamale was especially tasty. The sopaipillas and honey for desert were the perfect finish to the meal.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Another place the locals go for good NEW mexican food”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

When I suggest this place to my friends as a place for dinner they always accept. Because they serve real New Mexican food it means that the carnivores and vegetarians are both happy. I almost always have the cheese enchiladas and have had many other meals too. Another favorite is the chicken enchiladas.

A friend of mine who moved to Dallas told me he had to have a good sopapilla in years so I took him here. He left very happy.

I highly recommend this place.

San Antonio, Texas
“Cheap good food”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This is a folksy diner - a locals kind of place, where you can get a cheap good meal. They have everything from hamburgers to enchiladas. If you are going for very authentic New Mexican food, this may be a bit gringo...ie, if you like it not super hot. Very good, quick meal. Miguel the owner is a friendly character.