“Frito Pie”

Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Description: For a taste of grandma's cooking and a bit of homemade comfort, come to Little Anita's, which has been serving authentic New Mexican food for over 40 years. Named after the founder's mother, and based on family recipes handed down for generations, Little Anita's is an Albuquerque institution. Our iconic flagship restaurant, in the heart of Old Town, is beloved by locals and a must-visit for any tourist. You haven't been to Albuquerque if you haven't eaten at Little Anita's. Our menu hasn't changed much in the last four decades, and we're proud of it. In a fast-moving world, our restaurants are an oasis of tradition and sentimental cooking. When it comes to our signature dishes, we like to keep things simple. We believe in the purity of our ingredients and keep a clean flavor profile. You won't find your food overloaded with seasoning and your taste buds won't be overwhelmed with spiciness. Our chile tastes like chile. You know a Mexican restaurant by its chips and salsa. Have a seat, take a few bites and find out why so many regulars say, "you had me at chips and salsa." Yes, it's that good.
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Was shopping in Old Town when one of the shopkeepers told me Little Anitas was having a takeaway special on Frito Pie with red chili. OMG. So amazing. Got it from the takeaway shop on the side of the building.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

This was the snack bar type restaurant of Little Anita's - attached to their food production facility. It is across the street from the Holiday inn where I stayed (by the airport). Great food - very reasonable and casual. I bought it then took it across the street and ate in my hotel room. It is only open until around 2 PM, so be aware of that. Very authentic New Mexican food!!

Thank N. J. M
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I ate dinner here on a Thursday night (October 24). Don't remember the exact time, but probably around 8 PM. While the restaurant wasn't busy, the food I was served was delicious and service was very friendly and attentive. Located near Old Town.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Had the opportunity of visiting this restaurant while in NM on business. Asked a local for a recommendation and loved it! Food was authentic, tasty and the service was good. Loved their sopapillas! Reasonable prices and good margaritas!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I ordered a combination plate and it was truly lousy. I asked the waitress what the meat was and she said it was pork. It did not look like or taste like it. The only thing I ate was the taco which probably would have been better at taco bell sad to say but I don't eat fast foods which this truly looked like. I told her that I did not care for the food but we paid for our meal and I drank my diet soda.