“Really good huevos!”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Between 2nd and 3rd
Description: Gold Street Caffe is a small local eatery that has been serving downtown Albuquerque for 18 years. Our menu is well thought out, made with care, and made from scratch. We are casual yet refined, and we serve the best food you'll find downtown. Whether on lunch, on vacation, or simply in the neighborhood, swing by for a bite; because above all we are here to serve you, and we love doing it!
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Really good huevos!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I've heard good things about the Gold Street Cafe so this Sunday I decided to have breakfast there. The cafe is on Gold Street (duh) between 2 nd & 3rd streets on the south side. Parking is abundant on Sunday morning on the street and nearby lots. I sat at one of tables on the sidewalk outside since it was a beautiful morning. The waitress was prompt and advised the huevos rancheros and eggs Benedict were the most popular. I chose the huevos, scrambled with red chili. The dish came with beans - black beans, pinto beans are not served :-/. The red chili was dark and flavorful, some of the best I've had in any restaurant. The coffee was strong too, the way I like it. The price was reasonable $12.99 for huevos and coffee. It was an enjoyable breakfast and I recommend it.

Visited August 2014

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Attention to detail is always appreciated”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Visited this little place for breakfast and was pleased with the service, the food and the fact that they have outdoor seating. I enjoyed a very loose, yet flavorful, breakfast hash and my friend had a wonderful huevos plate with, apparently, very good coffee. The server was patient and attentive and the location made for great people watching while eating outside. I'd definitely recommend Gold Street Caffé (even though it's on Gold Avenue, but whatcha gonna do?) and will definitely return.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank dknight818
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“What a find!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Tucked on Gold and 3rd street, this little gem is a must-do in Albuquerque. I will definitely be back for more. Start with a raspberry or blueberry-white chocolate scone....you won't ever be able to eat another scone from anywhere else again! They are AMAZING!! I had the Southwestern Eggs Benedict, and my friend had the huevos rancheros. Both were delicious and unforgettable. I would recommend anything on the menu...so tasty and fresh. Many of these dishes revolve around a green chile biscuit...GREEN CHILE + BISQUIT= HEAVEN.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank bulieb
Muncie, Indiana
“50-50 burger rocks!”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We were looking for a coffee shop, but found a restaurant. Their lattes looks great, but i just had two elsewhere so we did lunch. I had the 40-50 burger, swhich is ground beef and ground bacon - yeah, you read that right - with white cheddar, lettuce, tomato, and spiced mustard. You can get an all beef party if you like. Comes with fries (only downsize was they wouldn't switch to fruit for me without an up charge, when fruit coars less on the menu than fries. This is a small flaw). The burger was worth every bite of smoky goodness. Not overpowering but you know it is there. I wonder if you could gild the lily with a fried egg on top. My husband had the cubano wrap, with chips and salsa, and was very happy with its size and texture. We would certainly ear there again. Acceptable service, good atmosphere wiifh old movies playing on the tv.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank SharonB919
“Quiet and Delicious”
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

I walked here on my first day in the city and loved it. It's small and quiet and in a neat part of the city. The food was tasty, and the service was good.