“Why Did I Wait So Long???????”

Orchid Thai Cuisine
Ranked #100 of 1,852 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Nob Hill
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I have lived in the area over 10 years and heard a lot about this place but never found the time to go. We went in for lunch and oh my word. I will for sure go back.

I had the Yellow Curry Chicken and it was so savoy, creamy. The serving portions were generous so I had left overs. I didn't get to eat them until two days later and it was just as good. There wasn't enough rice for me. The waitress offered some without asking but I needed to get going.

Another person in our party had Pad Thai that was scrumptious. The serving size again was generous. The third person had Thai fried rice which again was yummy. We also had a Thai Iced Tea. It was ok, was a little on the sweet side for me.

All the meals were served fairly quickly and piping hot. We were served bowls of vegetable soup as a appetizer. It was tasty and loaded with goodies.

The outside looks "iffy" as a restaurant but don't let that fool you. Smaller dining room filled with Asian knick knacks. Charming. This would be a great place to meet up with friends or have a nice cozy date. Located on Central, on the east side of Nob Hill.

I can't wait to go back again.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

This is a little Thai place on the east end of Nob Hill. I've eaten here a couple times now. The people are very nice and make it a pleasant experience. The decor is vintage Thai restaurant, cluttered with real and fake plants, photos of Thailand, fountains, and all the usual regalia. It too is pleasant, if a bit overdone. The menu is extensive, perhaps too much so. It includes literally dozens of entrees, many not even Thai, but Chinese, such as szechuan curries. The food is good, but nothing extraordinary. There are so many good Thai places in town, and this qualifies as another good one, but it's not at the top of the list. I get the feeling that if they focused on 10-20 core Thai specialties, it could be excellent. All the other pieces are in place.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

A pretty tiny restaurant and still they serve such good food.It was affordable and too good in taste.

1  Thank Prakruthi2013
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We went to this restaurant because they had so many vegetarian choices and we were not disappointed. We got the fried tofu and vegetable egg rolls for appetizers and Mausman with tofu and yellow fried rice with soy beef for entrees. They were all extremely tasty. We have no complaints about the food whatsoever! Even our picky 2 year old ate the egg roll and fried tofu. The only improvement I can suggest is to have a diaper changer in the bathroom for families with small kids but food wise this is an awesome restaurant!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

My friend took me here for lunch for the first time and I can't believe I haven't gone before - it was so good! Normally I'm not a huge fan of egg rolls, but the one that came with my lunch was so good that I ordered another. The Mongolian beef I think it was that I had, level 2 spicy - yum!