“Good French Cuisine in Albuquerque”
Review of Chez Axel

Chez Axel
Ranked #849 of 1,768 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good French Cuisine in Albuquerque”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Good place to go in Albuquerque for some good French cuisine, such as Duck Stew, Beef Bourguinon etc. Relaxing ambience wife enjoyed the Pork Cutlets. Good service from wait staff.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Davemarino M

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Great value great taste”
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

CHEF STEPHAN Does it right here in a small space tucked away in Albuquerque . Had the pork cutlets with a wonderful sauce just hit the spot. menu is nice lots of fish and very nice comfortable room with piano music. great value and I could eat here every week. A great gem a friendly relaxing spot

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Tattalat
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Nice ambiance”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Many people seem to come to Chez Axel to celebrate birthdays. I have been to this restaurant now, at least, five times and there has not been a day without a birthday celebration. I can see why they celebrate here because the restaurant is beautifully laid out and rather romantic though may be a bit too dark. We often had to lift the menu to the light hanging above the table.
The service has always been fantastic. We always tried to tease the waiters/waitresses in French, but only one or two spoke some French. The owner, Stefan is a really nice guy and he comes out in his chef uniform every once in a while.
Now to the negative note, I hate to say that I have never really enjoyed their food. Wine has been good sometimes and mediocre at other times. Since it is not a cheap place, I have often left the place thinking it was a waste of money. I find the place to be rather pseudo French.
But, the chances are I will go there again to humor anyone who wants to eat French food.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank SunnyW358
New Mexico
“Pretty bon for Abbq”
Reviewed 2 February 2013

Having not been to a French restaurant in many years I decided upon Chez Axel for my birthday dinner. The place is nicely laid out, rather dark, walls filled with wine, figurines and objects d'art. The owner of nearby mexican restaurant came in for escargot to go, which says something.

Main course selection seemed somewhat limited, but our party of three had the Cassolet, Beouf Bourganoine (don't ding me on spelling!) and Veal Cordon Bleu, all were excellent.

Total bill with no appetizers, 2 glasses of wine and two desserts was $105.

Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“Very Poor Service”
Reviewed 2 February 2013

The lady that waited on us at lunch today was terrible. My daughter ordered French onion soup and the spinach salad. I ordered the spinach & ham cheese crepe. and the goat cheese salad. We told the waitress we wanted salad first. Well after a good 15 mins. waiting my daughters soup came out nothing else. So we waited after about ten mins and our salads came out. We ate our salads. While I waiting on my crepe, my daughter finished her soup. We sat there and waited and waited finally the crepe came after another 20 mins lapsed. I had asked her once during the wait where my crepe was. Her answer was he is very busy. We counted 7 people in there and that included ourselves. There was 4 of them already had thier order.
When I left there was NO TIP and a note with POOR SERVICE left on table.

• Visited January 2013