“good solid mexican”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 April 2014

enjoyed our trip to Cervantes for dinner. food was good quality and reasonably priced. restaurant was clean. had the fish tacos and they were excellent. you don't get free refills on chips and salsa. prices were a little higher than some of the other restaurants where we had equally good or better mexican food.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

After checking trusty TripAdvisor for a place to eat, I headed to Cervantes because it had good reviews and was close to the airport. The setup is old NM, which was nice, but some people may not appreciate that. It was busy, and the service was very attentive. In trying to order my food, my server was a bit pushy in advising me regarding the menu. I've visited NM before, and know which foods I enjoy versus those that I don't. To her credit, she did bring me a small sample of things before I decided. When my entree was served, she had decided to remove some things and place them on the side. Not the end of the world, but I would have appreciated being asked ahead of time. The food itself was decent, but I felt like I've had better at other restaurants. Bottom line - service was very good aside from the aforementioned issues, and it's worth a try if you're near the airport. Maybe my taste buds were off :)

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Back again to give some visitors a taste of NM. Party of 8. Made reservations and let them know I was really hoping to show our friends a good time. The service was fantastic. Again, food fine, but the atmosphere and great service sealed the deal and will have us coming back.

1  Thank Amylee H
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

We flew in from Pennsylvania and this was our first South Western meal. The hostess was really helpful. She educated us on New Mexican food, gave us samples of carne adavado, red and green Chile sauces.
She also explained sopapias for savory or sweet eating.
I had the enchiladas with carne adavado and red sauce. The enchiladas were great and the beans were good too. I had a draft of Alaskan pale ale to wash it all down. My wife a chicken burrito with Christmas sauce. She was pleased with the burrito.
The sopapias were really good.
Definitely would recommend this place.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Service was fast and welcoming. Food was good - combo plates are a great option. Of course, sopas are a must-have. Had margaritas which were very good. Very nice décor!