“Fresh Sushi in the Desert”

Japanese Kitchen Sushi Bar
Ranked #364 of 1,816 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Uptown
Reviewed 4 April 2013

This is one of the best sushi places in Albuquerque and it is owned and operated by Japanese people - a big plus! The fish is fresh, the presentation is very pretty and the servers are very nice and helpful. Love the eel rolls and shrimp tempura rolls here. You can't go wrong with Japanese Kitchen

Reviewed 10 March 2013 via mobile

We decided to eat here because we wanted sushi & it was in walking distance of our hotel. We should have done some research. We ordered 6 different rolls. Only one was above average. Kids all ordered fried rice & even it was below average. We would not eat here again.

Reviewed 21 February 2013

I have been here a number of times, mainly because it it right next to my work. I have finally decided that even that close convenience doesn't justify going here. While the sushi chefs have always nice, the grumpy (and rude) female wait staff is just too much and the sushi itself is just below average.

Reviewed 21 September 2012

bad serivce, price too high. Great food! I would rather go somewhere else for the concept. food is great, but if you want good service dont go there.

Reviewed 18 September 2012

So far, this is the best sushi place I've found in the area. It's pricey for dinner (as would be expected being so far inland) especially when ordering the Special Rolls. However, lunch is reasonable and the lunch Weekly Specials are really where you can get a great deal. I also enjoy the Specials because I can try different things that I may not normally order. Though not listed on the sushi check-list menu, you can ask for the more simple rolls (eg spicy tuna) to be made as handrolls.

Non-sushi items such as teriyaki and tempura dishes have also been very tasty.

Good selection of saki and Japanese and domestic beer but the wine selection was rather generic.

Hours are bit on the odd side: it closes after lunch at 2:30 (on the dot! If the door is open but it's 2:35 you will be told they are Closed) then reopens at 5:30 for dinner. Take out is available for lunch (not sure about dinner) and they are Closed on Sundays.

I have not yet visited the teppan grill restaurant. (The teppan grill is separte from the sushi bar, the two are catercorner from each other.)