“Great food and service”

Little Anita's
Ranked #430 of 1,769 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Price range: US$5 - US$14
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: For a taste of grandma's cooking and a bit of homemade comfort, come to Little Anita's, which has been serving authentic New Mexican food for over 40 years. Named after the founder's mother, and based on family recipes handed down for generations, Little Anita's is an Albuquerque institution. Our iconic flagship restaurant, in the heart of Old Town, is beloved by locals and a must-visit for any tourist. You haven't been to Albuquerque if you haven't eaten at Little Anita's. Our menu hasn't changed much in the last four decades, and we're proud of it. In a fast-moving world, our restaurants are an oasis of tradition and sentimental cooking. When it comes to our signature dishes, we like to keep things simple. We believe in the purity of our ingredients and keep a clean flavor profile. You won't find your food overloaded with seasoning and your taste buds won't be overwhelmed with spiciness. Our chile tastes like chile. You know a Mexican restaurant by its chips and salsa. Have a seat, take a few bites and find out why so many regulars say, "you had me at chips and salsa." Yes, it's that good.
“Great food and service”
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Little Anita's is one of the best Mexican restaurants at which I've eaten. My only complaint would be the lack of options of sizes of Margaritas.

Concord, New Hampshire
“Mediocre”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I have had better Taco Salads at a New England chain Mexican restaurant. Mostly lettuce and cold meat.

Visited October 2013
Ulladulla, Australia
“Great food, excellent service!”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We liked the friendly staff, nice food and colourful atmosphere. We had been looking for a good, Mexican meal on our trip to America and we finally found it at Little Anitas on the second last day of our trip.

Visited September 2013
Truckee, CA
“average food with excellent serv”
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

We were waiting for my brother and the location was near by saw they were having
happy hour and wanted a little something to eat so in we went.. We had excellent service, and not a very exciting happy hour .50 cents off domestic beers, $4.50 margaritas and a couple bucks off the food item of the night ($10.50... but only till 6 pm)...I was hoping for $2.00 tacos or something light. I had a margarita, boring...tasted more like a sugar drink. A chili relleno ala cart and a couple sopapillas.
The sopapillas were definitely the high light... but they are usually good any place that makes them here in New Mexico (unless the grease is bad). Over all just average.

• Visited September 2013
Mesa, Arizona
“By All Means...Stay AWAY!!!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Let me first preface this review by saying that my husband and I had first tried Little Anitas in 2007 while on a business trip. We ate there at least 2 or 3 times as it was close to the hotel and the food was great. However, time has not been friendly to this place.

My first clue that something was wrong should have been when I saw the dead cockroach INSIDE of the framed picture hanging on the back wall. I just blew it off to poor upkeep of the decor. I should have trusted by gut, instead, my husband was puking his guts out just 8 hours later (IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!!!).

He had the Chicken Chimichanga and I had a combo platter with a chicken taco. I thought that the chicken seemed "overly tender" but thought that it was just good cooking, like a slow roast or something. I was sadly mistaken. Since I only had a small portion of chicken, I wasn't as nearly as sick as my husband, but every time I burped or farted it smelled exactly like his puke. It was horrible!!!

Aside from this, the service was horrible!!! The hostess/waitress took her sweet 'ole time taking us back to our table. She asked for our drinks and came back with water. She didn't immediately tell us her name, only after she brought us our drinks did she finally tell us. She didn't tell us what the specials were and when we asked about the margaritas she looked puzzled. There was a sign by the door that said House Margaritas $4.75, however, we were charged $6.00 each. No one indicated that this was a "happy hour special" and it wasn't clearly indicated on the sign. Sure, that's not necessarily her fault, but she should have at least told us the specials. Not only that, we saw her like once during the entire meal. She never checked on our drinks or checked on our food. There was another waiter in there that was buzzing about his tables and was super-friendly, helpful, and attentive to his tables. I sure wish we had had him instead. Not that it would have prevented the food poisoning though.

Finally, the food tasted "great" initially but by the end of the meal it just seemed "so-so". The experience certainly left a bad taste in our mouths not to mention our stomachs. We will absolutely NEVER go back there again nor to any of their other locations. We will not recommend it to anyone.

• Visited September 2013