“Best Viet Food I've had in Albuquerque” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Albuquerque
“Best Viet Food I've had in Albuquerque”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

A simple place hidden away in a strip mall. My crispy pork chops with rice and salad (delicious spicy dressing) was a very large serving and delicious. My dining companion's chicken curry was huge --she claimed there was a whole chicken in the curry. I will be going back to try more of the interesting dishes. Only one criticism --no banh mi on the menu.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Penang, Malaysia
“Good food in out of the way location.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

It's hard to find this place, tucked in a shopping center off San Mateo. But the food is worth it. I had nicely spiced chicken with fresh steamed vegetables and shrimp fried rice. The service was friendly and efficient. The prices are reasonable. No atmosphere, just basic furnishings.

• Visited August 2013
Farmington, New Mexico
“Refreshing.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2013

I've been here twice, and the first time the waitperson seemed to be a little rushed and it was only 8oclock. The food was still very tasty so I returned a second time. We had a different waiter who was a 180 from the other one. He was very friendly and easy to talk to. I just love that in the midst of all the expensive Japanese restaurants surrounding this place, you can get something fresh and delicious without having to worry about what your bill is going to be.

I wouldn't recommend the fried rice type dishes as much as I would the noodle, soup and salad dishes.
I got the spicy beef salad-Thai style, which I would absolutely recommend. I wasn't sure what I would receive but it was thinly sliced, tender beef in a bed of thinly shredded carrots with some herbs on top and yummy dressing. Not a shred of lettuce to be found in this salad.

If you have little ones who are picky eaters, get the pho with rare beef. Its DELICIOUS. It has no spice/heat, and everything kids and adults like: noodles, broth, beef and fresh herbs. My 4 year old had fun flavoring it her way with herbs too.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Ivy8085
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
“Okay food.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2013

Went here for Valentine's Day dinner. Arrived around 8:30 and restaurant closed at 9pm. That being said, I have worked for many years in the restaurant industry and when an establishment says it closes at a particular time it does not mean that the employees are all cleaned up and walking out the door at that hour. I was less than pleased when we were given the rush act and when I checked my watch, it was 9pm when we left. The servers were nice but I really hate being rushed at restaurants. No server likes that group of people who comes in near closing time but that's the way this business is. That being said, the food was okay. The menu was really large and I wasn't sure what most of the options were. I have eaten at many Vietnamese restaurants back East but this place had different options which I was unfamiliar with. Again, because of the rush act, I was unable to inquire about some interesting looking dishes. The chicken i got with my noodle dish was excellent but the dish overall was mediocre. While I think this place could have some tasty dishes I'm not sure I would return. The food industry is based on good hospitality and I don't think this place knows what that is.

Visited February 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Alex and Bonnie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2013

Saigon Restaurant has two locations, Albuquerque, NM and Rio Rancho, NM. This is a great restaurant, we enjoy the food more than Chinese. The owners are warm and interested in their guests. The food is flavorful and fresh. Everyone needs to go here to dine.

• Visited February 2013