“Growing Inconsistency”

Add it.
Quarters BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I have eaten at the Quarters since 1970 (originally at the Yale location) and when the ribs are done right , they are outstanding. The last 2 times I have ordered ribs, I received tough, fatty ribs that were only partly cooked....... The worst I have had. I should add that both experiences were at the Ellison location. I think that I am now done with the Quarters until they concern themselves with what used to be high quality and consistency.

Reviewed 9 June 2012 via mobile

Awesome hamburger for $3.99. Onion rings are great! Drinks are good, dining area in Bar is clean, cool, and dark. Love eating at the 528 location! Staff is friendly, and tentative.

Reviewed 16 October 2011

We attended an event hosted here with about a hundred guests. Our family doesn’t eat much meat and the reviews I saw on the internet were terrible, so I had low expectations. To my surprise, the food was outstanding and the service extremely efficient – everything seemed to appear on the table by magic.

Each of the large tables was served a platter of what may be all their menu selections – coleslaw, potato salad, French fries and onion rings. BBQ sausage, chicken, pork, and ribs plus Texas toast. I couldn’t bring myself to try the ribs (fish and a little chicken is usually my limit) but everything was delicious. In my experience, it’s rare to get good potato salad or coleslaw at a restaurant, and these were perfect. As good or better than home made. They also have an excellent selection of draft beer.

As a guest, I don’t know anything about their prices, but would highly recommend this restaurant (to anyone who eats meat) and it’s a wonderful place to host a large group.

Reviewed 11 December 2010

We ate at Quarters on Wyoming and it was awful. The salad was quite good as well as the fried zucchini. However the entre (Shish Kabob) was awful. First, it was not skewered but grilled. I ordered my meat medium well and it was medium rare at best. One piece was so gristly that I couldn't cut through it. The vegetables were almost raw and the french fries were cold. We had been to Quarters before. It has been good, but not spectacular It will be a long time, if ever, that we return.

2  Thank NMtraveler73
Reviewed 24 May 2008

Tried the Yale St location. Average BBQ, nice family friendly feel. The ribs were a bit on the dry side, but had a nice smoked flavor and the sauce is top notch. Priced about the same as any BBQ rib meal, but not a stand-out.