“Excellent food, frustrating service.”

Gardunos Restaurant & Cantina
Ranked #26 of 1,792 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Price range: US$7 - US$18
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Experience Albuquerque's finest Garduño's location. Enjoy authentic regional New Mexican and Mexican cuisine at this favorite restaurant and bar in the inviting hacienda-style interior or the lush outdoor garden patio. Garduño's serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, and offers an extensive selection of tequila, wine, liqueurs, and world-class margaritas. Garduño's - Always a Fiesta!
Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

We loved the food here and have eaten here 4 times. The first time our server was great until we were eating. For some reason the server disappeared. The second time it took awhile but it was fairly busy. The third and fourth times service was really slow. We eat here because the food is reasonable and really good. The fruit salad is really a half pineapple boat filled with wonderful fruit and includes sorbet. The tilapia is excellent, the soups also very good. The shrimp cocktail is enormous and very good. Actually all the food we had was good. The outside seating is very nice and is romantic at night.

There are newer reviews for Gardunos Restaurant & Cantina

Reviewed 12 September 2013

This place is pricey for Mexican food but it is worth it. The place is beautiful, inside the Hotel Albuquerque, and the service and food were both top notch. If you don't mind paying for the best, this is probably it.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

While attending a conference in Albuquerque, I decided to eat at Garduno's strictly for convenience, as it was located near my meeting. Since this was my first visit, and I was not familiar with the local cuisine, my server Leo helped me understand the various ways they could prepare my chimichanga. Since I was not sure of what chili sauce to use, he brought me one of each option to try on the side. The green pepper sauce, Chili Con Queso, was the best, just as Leo said it was his favorite. Being from the South, I enjoy occasional deep fried entrees, and Leo explained how they could do the same with the chimichanga (Senora style). I must say I have never seen a chimichanga as big as my plate (also served with rice and beans)! There were also bountiful toppings: cheese, lettuce, sour creme. The chicken was flavorful and succulent. I was stuffed, but delightfully so. Leo also brought out complimentary sopaipillas with honey. I gave my highest marks for the food and Leo's superb service!

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Food was average. Patio seating was very nice, pleasant! I had read that the service was bad, but willing to give it a try. HORRIBLE! Can't remember having such bad service in a very long time, anywhere compared to this. No manager in sight. Wow....a shame, because I like the atmosphere and willing to pay the "hotel" prices. Won't be back until there is significant improvement in service.

1  Thank Happy5193
Reviewed 29 August 2013

The food was great but on the spicy side and I ordered the mild. The drinks were great also. The service totally SUCKED!!! Never could get our drinks filled..... I have food allergies and she thought it was to much trouble to check with the cook to find out what was some of the menu items that I could have. Had to get a manager..... A little on the pricey side also.

1  Thank morgak