“Good food, no service”

Neighbourhood: Raynolds Addition
Phoenix, Arizona
“Good food, no service”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

The food is good, local products in an active location. I am just not a fan of places where you stand in line to order and you have to get up and fill up your coffee.

Seems like a local favorite

Visited October 2013

New Hampshire Lakes Region, New Hampshire
“Tasty food and wifi, but too much”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Stopped by the Flying Star on Silver Ave for brunch and wifi on a recent trip to Albuquerque. I'd been to the location up near UNM on another occasion, and this location is much bigger and more airy, which makes me feel less guilty about taking over a table by myself. I had the Southwest Benny, which consisted of a split english muffin, scrambled eggs (over medium on the menu, but I subbed that out), green chile turkey sausage and a "cheesy green chile sauce" for $12. I couldn't finish it. I would have liked a half order, cutting the food and the price in half, and it would've been perfect. The wifi didn't work for a bit when I got there, but they fixed it immediately. All in all, I ate my breakfast and used their internet for about 3 hours. On a Saturday. Nobody minded at all.

I took away a slice of Rio Grande Mud Pie (chocolate cookie crust, chocolate filling, caramel and whipped cream. Delicious and not as sweet as it sounds.

• Visited September 2013
Schenectady, New York
“Used to be my favorite place....”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Whenever we visit Albuquerque, we head to the Flying Star chain of restaurants. I absolutely loved them. However....this time the quality seemed to go down and the prices seemed to go up. For example, I had oatmeal in the morning. You get only brown sugar, some milk and raisins with the oatmeal (less that you get at Starbucks or McDonald's). The portion is meagre and it is $5.99! I find that quite expensive, and I am not generally a person who even notices prices on vacation. I had a side of fruit, but was still hungry (again, unusual for me) and got a very mediocre, barely toasted english muffin. That was, as I recall, $2.99. There is no table service, you order at a counter and the food is delivered to you. We always ordered coffee to take home...but this time, the guy behind the counter said we couldn't. I am very sorry to be writing this, but I think the prices have gone up way too much for the quality and quantity of food you get.

• Visited August 2013
Albuquerque
“Bad breakfast”
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

If you want to bad food and lots of flies with your breakfast go here. It is also very overpriced for what you get. This is their worst location.

• Visited August 2013
Exeter
“Very good food in basic surroundings”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The Flying Star Cafe in Silver Street is well worth looking for. It's a little way off the main street and looks a bit unusual (i.e. casual) for a place to eat, but the food is delicious and they even have a few bottles of quality beers available to go with your meal.

The prices are possibly a little expensive considering the basic surroundings, but the quality of the food makes up for it.

• Visited June 2013