“Romantic night out”

Price range: US$25 - US$100
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 27 November 2013

A romantic place to take your loved one. An establish place serving quality meals. Pan seared crqb cakes are great, extensive wine list. Should book ahad of time to avoid disappointment. Goos service and attention to detail from the waitstaff.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Have been eating here since the mid-90's. I think the maître de and one of the waiters has worked there as long as I've eaten there. Service is fantastic. Best steaks and sauces you'll find anywhere.
Dining room has plenty of privacy for business or couples. Be advised, however, that the seating may not be the most comfortable. Some may find the seating a little cramped or firm. You'll forget about anything you might be sitting on though when you taste the food.
Nice wine list.
By far top of my list when eating in or near Old Town Albuquerque.
Reservations recommended for all dinners.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

We visited based on the great tripadvisor reviews. I was somewhat taken aback by the atmosphere. I was expecting a cozy, romantic and elegant evening. Basically, it is a very old
building with mismatched floors and ceilings. Walkway areas are very cramped. That aside,
the service is excellent as well as the food. Started with a cup of cajun chowder that was full of crab and crawfish, velvety smooth, just awesome. I could have made a meal out of a big bowl of that. Boyfriend had the upgraded salad, good, but not worth the $8 to upgrade. Moved on to the Henry IV filet mignon with artichoke heart, leaves and bernaise. One of the best filets I have ever eaten. Did not need a knife to cut it, melts in your mouth. Scallops were good as well. Enjoyed a nice bottle of Montepuliciano $44, so I expected it to be good and it was. Trio of desserts was very average, chocolate mousse, mini creme brulee and key lime pie. Pie was the best of the three, consistancy of brulee was off and mousse was just way too sweet. This reminds me of the kind of food you got 30 years ago at a great steakhouse. Nothing at all modern or forward about the menu. If you want a good retro night in Old Town, bring your wallet and enjoy it here.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

My only regret is that I have moved from the Albuquerque area and only get to visit Antiquity when I visit now. That lucky for me was recently (November 19th) when I visited my parents and we celebrated our three birthdays out. It's their favorite restaurant too. I like that the most delicious entrees are a staple and then there are specials as well. Mom loves the Henry IV and said the filet mignon and artichoke hearts were cooked just perfectly this visit. Dad had the jalapeno scallops which were just huge and I had the shrimp in a red chile cream sauce. They were jumbo and just scrumptious. Also, I had the cream green chile chicken soup instead of salad and I highly recommend it. Try the creme brulee if you have room- it is a nice size and the best I have ever eaten. I just can't say enough positive things about this restaurant. Make a reservation for a romantic evening out and ask for a booth. They are very private and the candlelight is romantic : ) Afterwards have a stroll around Old Town- it will be decorated soon with luminarias for Christmas. Also note Antiquity is normally in the Entertainment Book for a free meal when you buy one. Prices are going up here (average $27 an entree) so this is a great deal. Enjoy!

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Called Thursday @ 5:15 PM for a 6PM table for 2. Host said 5:30 or 8PM. We were staying at Hotel Albuquerque which was a 15 minute walk so we chose 5:30. Warm greeting by a majority of the staff in the front area and were seated at a VERY cozy, romantic table for 2. The restaurant only had 3 other tables occupied, so I didn't understand the "no 6 PM". However, by 6:30, most tables were full and by 7PM it was SRO. Then we discovered the reason this restaurant was filled so early, particularly in the absence of any early bird promos. Our waiter, James, was the ultimate pro, reeling off the enticing specials without a hitch and even recommending good wine choices for the special entrees. The wine menu had numerous thoughtful selections at all price ranges and we chose a great Sequoia Grove cab from Sonoma This is a full bodied, low tannin (unusual) cab which needed only a short breathing time to blossom. The menu selections were very nicely composed, both in entrée and condiments. I enjoy not having to wade through an encyclopedic description of multiple, exotic combinations of spices, herbs and veggies, some I have never heard of. I ordered the special soup which was a cream-based Chicken, Poblano Chile, perfect for the outside cold temps of 39 degrees! My wife ordered the house salad with the Basalmic dressing. My soup was excellent, medium picante and served hot versus the disappointing lukewarm I often get when dining out. My wife's salad was huge and served on such a small plate that she couldn't mix the dressing without wiping out the tablecloth. Finally, in desperation she asked the always attentive waiter for a larger plate. A few seconds later, a rather portly gentleman, who I assumed to be the owner, brought the salad back to the table in a larger bowl which was the perfect size for the portion. He, for some reason, then expounded on the fact that this was now a tossed salad bowl versus a dinner salad bowl-twice. Sounded like a sticking point between he & the staff-or something. No big deal to us, just a little strange to make such a point about such trivia. In any event, we ordered the Chateaubriand for 2, rare requesting a bit towards medium rare, (hold the Hollandaise) and veggies. The waiter placed our plates on the table consisting of mashed potatoes, broccolini, zucchini, sliced mushrooms and caramelized baby carrots (delicious & perfectly balanced). He then carved the meat at the table and placed the sliced portions on our plates, careful to inquire as to the doneness as he did so. The meat was cooked perfectly and we both commented that this was the most tender meat of any cut either of us had ever been served. It literally, almost melted in our mouths. The only criticism I have is that the plates needed to be heated more, as by the time they were delivered and the meat was carved, they had lost their warmth and the food grew cold before we were finished. The portions were substantial, unfortunately leaving no room for dessert; though the dessert menu was VERY tempting. It is so nice to get this level of food & service in a touristy (Old Town Albuquerque) area where a lot of restaurants take prime tourist location business for granted.